real face on Quake player?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.quake,alt.games.quake2,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a photo,
onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you use?

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake,alt.games.quake2,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

On 8/2/2005 7:29 AM Steve brightened our day with:

http://www.clanbeowulf.org/chipskinning.htm

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"Steve" <steve@nomail.sorry> wrote in message
> Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a
> photo, onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you
> use?

Yeah, what Inglo said, that's it :) Chip put that little tut together a
few years ago for anyone that wanted to try it. He did a good job on
himself in the Bitterman model in Q3.
Have fun with that. Also, if you want to play around with the MD3's
(model meshes) you can get an inexpensive 3D modelling program to play
with them. Milkshape 3D.
Get that one here:
http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/download.html

McG.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake,alt.games.quake2,alt.games.quake3 (More info?)

On 8/2/2005 4:22 PM McGrandpa brightened our day with:

>"Steve" <steve@nomail.sorry> wrote in message
>

>>Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a
>>photo, onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you
>>use?
>>

>Yeah, what Inglo said, that's it :) Chip put that little tut together a
>few years ago for anyone that wanted to try it. He did a good job on
>himself in the Bitterman model in Q3.
>Have fun with that. Also, if you want to play around with the MD3's
>(model meshes) you can get an inexpensive 3D modelling program to play
>with them. Milkshape 3D.
>Get that one here:
>http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/download.html
>
>McG.

Kind of amazing the stuff that's stuffed in the old vault between my
ears, ain't it? I have no idea how I remembered that stuff from Chip
from years back.

--
"I don't feel tardy"

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"Inglo" <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote in message
> On 8/2/2005 4:22 PM McGrandpa brightened our day with:
>
>> "Steve" <steve@nomail.sorry> wrote in message
>>

>>> Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a
>>> photo, onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you
>>> use?
>>>

>> Yeah, what Inglo said, that's it :) Chip put that little tut
>> together a few years ago for anyone that wanted to try it. He did a
>> good job on himself in the Bitterman model in Q3.
>> Have fun with that. Also, if you want to play around with the MD3's
>> (model meshes) you can get an inexpensive 3D modelling program to
>> play with them. Milkshape 3D.
>> Get that one here:
>> http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ms3d/download.html
>>
>> McG.
>>

> Kind of amazing the stuff that's stuffed in the old vault between my
> ears, ain't it? I have no idea how I remembered that stuff from Chip
> from years back.
Somethin triggered the ol ram :)

I didn't think of it at all! And Chip was the one suggested I try MS3D
the first time. I thought that little proggy was so much fun I bought 6
licenses and gave one to each of my kids :) Hey, remember Nod? Nod tu
gud ? He put a model together for/OF me. McG "borg'ed" I use it
whenever I play Q3.

Steve wrote:

> Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a photo,
> onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you use?

I'd love to be able to put my face into quake3 - it would guarantee more
frags for me as people fall off their chairs laughing!

--
Plops

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

"Mr. Ploppy" <dont@spam.me> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>
> > Has anyone had any success in mapping a real face or body, from a photo,
> > onto a Quake I, II, or III player? If so what tools did you use?
>
> I'd love to be able to put my face into quake3 - it would guarantee more
> frags for me as people fall off their chairs laughing!
>
> --
> Plops

Jokes aside (although humourous indeed plops - ), what is the point in using
a skin you and others will not see? Its my understanding that Q3 will
default you to Sarge skin for everyone else if they do not have your skin
installed. This might be why I see so many Sarge skins in wan games..
Is there a way around this?