Installing Intel Network Drivers on NTFS Reformatted Laptop

Black_Cloud

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
[]. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your
breath away.”

Bought a 2nd hand Acer8200 Travelmate. 2GHz Core Duo/1G 667DDR2. NICE machine, but I just couldn't handle the 63(literally) programs running in the background on idle. Attempts to uninstall OEM prog's seemed to take hours, & just frustrated me even more. Reformatted laptop with Win. XP Pro. (NTFS - instead of the original FAT32) It's SOO much quicker - just can't figure out how to install network drivers. CANNOT access network or I/N't no matter what I try. Never had any real prob's with the other 3 desktops I built, or the home network set - up. Obviously, I have exceeded my capabilities this time! Can anyone point me in the right direction. I feel like a real fool. Many thanks.[/i]

Black_Cloud

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
Yes! I downloaded all available Acer drivers & software before wiping H/D. They just don't seem to want to "work" anymore. I downloaded the currently operating drivers from the individual component OEM's. Anyway's, found the prob. 10 min's after this post. Damaged RJ45 conector pin. Hahahahahahahahahahah. Thought I was going mad there for a while. She's a goer now. And what's more, far better than when she rolled off the Acer production line. No thanks to Acer for their drivers. Some of their software is good, but most is just plainly & simply bloat - ware. Thankyou for your concern Grumpy. Though I did get the impression that you were pulling the piss out of me.