Delays in starting programs after boot.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I have this somewhat odd problem where after I boot and log in, my computer (Xp Pro, SP2) will only load some 33 processes, which seems to be the ones it needs to survive. It won't load McAfee or anything else. Then, after about a minute to a minute and a half of waiting, it'll suddenly load the rest of the processes ( a total of like 48). After that, it acts normal. I've tried using Bootvis and it shows the big gap, but doesn't show it as anything loading. The computer's hard drive and CPU are idle during the delay. Any ideas?

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
sounds like you have fragments in registry, or spyware tune up time.
I will only recommend this set of utilities for fixing your pc
Download http://www.liutilities.com/
registry booster,speedupmypc,spyeraser I have used lots of different kinds of tools and this is absolutely the best to fix your pc, cross my heart hope not to die.
its not free but there is a trial for download and this will help you discover things you most likely never known about.
My neighbor had a similar problem wiff his computer I ran this and he is quite surprised how well his system is working.
Second is change your setting for mcafee not to autoload at start up, see if that speeds up the process.
Myself, I dont use antivirus or firewalls, ubiblue spyeraser is so great I just cannot believe it. I do an online scan with macfee 1 an month and use manual delete if any virus is found, ubiblue has prevented any infections and safe brousing and file downloads is scaned with online scaner before opening, and if a virus is found I deleted that file