Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 on my system with a Q6600 overclocked to 3.6 GHz, but Vista is only reporting it as 2.39 GHz. CPU-Z gives the right read-out but I was just wondering about what Vista is saying, should I just ignore it or is there a way to fix it?

I've already turned off EIST and C1E in the BIOS, which was suggested in an earlier post by someone else, but that didn't do anything to help.

Also just out of curiosity, is there any way to change the computer badge image that appears in Control Panel -> System ?

Finally, I'd love to know if there's a virtual drive application that runs on x64 that'll load images made by CloneCD (.dvd, .000, .001 etc files) since VirtualCloneDrive won't be developed for the 64-bit version.

Rfvgyhn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
I'm also curious about this. I have an e6600 at 3.2 GHz (400 x 8) and Vista reports 3.6GHz. Programs like Orthos also report it at 3.6 with 450 x 8. The only program that has reported the correct value is cpu-z. I don't have XP to test this on, but are the other programs reporting the wrong values because of something in Vista, or do I have something odd happening?