how can I pair my Ipaq3715 with bluetooth headset?

August 10, 2005 5:48:33 PM

HELP GUYS................i m a new pocket user, i read a lot message in
this side and i understand that i have to download a bluetooth headset patch
to enable to use BT headset or i have to edit the registry to enable the
audio gateway to use my BT headset................... BUT....................
I dont know which software work for iPaq3715 and where can download free ??...
......... OR............ any one can teach me how to edit the registry or
where can i download the registry crack?? reply here or e-mail me
kazaf_tan@yahoo.ca

THANK a lot if anyone can HELP me
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:28:04 AM

If you are really talking about a headset, mic and mono earpiece, I don't
think it is going to work on a 3715. There were some HP models that had the
requisite BT profiles in ROM, but were just disabled in the registry. The
3715 doesn't seem to be one. If you are talking about stereo headphones that
comply with the A2DP profile, the update comes with HPs headphones and an
update to that can be found on HPs site under 3715 support..

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
> HELP GUYS................i m a new pocket user, i read a lot message in
> this side and i understand that i have to download a bluetooth headset
> patch
> to enable to use BT headset or i have to edit the registry to enable the
> audio gateway to use my BT headset...................
> BUT....................
> I dont know which software work for iPaq3715 and where can download free
> ??...
> ........ OR............ any one can teach me how to edit the registry or
> where can i download the registry crack?? reply here or e-mail me
> kazaf_tan@yahoo.ca
>
> THANK a lot if anyone can HELP me
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 8:06:07 PM

Thank for your information Sven.....can u teach me how to go into the ROM to
change registry :)  ,I just want to learn hihihihi . The update u said i
already downloaded yes it just for headphone and not for headset.

Sven wrote:
>If you are really talking about a headset, mic and mono earpiece, I don't
>think it is going to work on a 3715. There were some HP models that had the
>requisite BT profiles in ROM, but were just disabled in the registry. The
>3715 doesn't seem to be one. If you are talking about stereo headphones that
>comply with the A2DP profile, the update comes with HPs headphones and an
>update to that can be found on HPs site under 3715 support..
>
>> HELP GUYS................i m a new pocket user, i read a lot message in
>> this side and i understand that i have to download a bluetooth headset
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>
>> THANK a lot if anyone can HELP me

August 11, 2005 10:02:36 PM

You need a registry editor such as the free one here
http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Here is one of many posts about the headset hack, which really just turns on
a feature that exists in some iPAQs
http://handhelds.hackaday.com/entry/1234000010025644/

But as I said this does not work on the 3715 as it does not have the
required headset/handfree profile on the device to activate. The headphone
profile you downloaded is for stereo headphones such as HP's or Logitech's,
or the Bluetake ones. It uses A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and
won't work with cell phone headsets.

As far as learning about registry tweaking (which I like the sound of better
than hacking) just google for Pocket PC Registry Hacks (or Tweaks) and you
should find plenty. Do be familiar with how to hard reset your PPC, and be
proactive with backups. You'll be needing them both during the learning
process ;)

--
message news:52B08CB0EB4E8@PocketPCJunkies.com...
> Thank for your information Sven.....can u teach me how to go into the ROM
> change registry :)  ,I just want to learn hihihihi . The update u said i
> already downloaded yes it just for headphone and not for headset.
>
> Sven wrote:
>>If you are really talking about a headset, mic and mono earpiece, I don't
>>think it is going to work on a 3715. There were some HP models that had
>>the
>>requisite BT profiles in ROM, but were just disabled in the registry. The
>>3715 doesn't seem to be one. If you are talking about stereo headphones
>>that
>>comply with the A2DP profile, the update comes with HPs headphones and an
>>update to that can be found on HPs site under 3715 support..
>>
>>> HELP GUYS................i m a new pocket user, i read a lot message
>>> in
>>> this side and i understand that i have to download a bluetooth headset
>>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>>
>>> THANK a lot if anyone can HELP me

August 12, 2005 5:09:06 AM

Thank for your helping Sven........What can I do with the registry editor to
make my 3715 better?? any others nice or good software you recommend?? and do
u know where can i get the bluetake headphone "it damn nice man" how much is
it....i go to their website but i cant get any information about place to buy
and price.

Sven wrote:
>You need a registry editor such as the free one here
>http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
>
>Here is one of many posts about the headset hack, which really just turns on
>a feature that exists in some iPAQs
>http://handhelds.hackaday.com/entry/1234000010025644/
>
>But as I said this does not work on the 3715 as it does not have the
>required headset/handfree profile on the device to activate. The headphone
>profile you downloaded is for stereo headphones such as HP's or Logitech's,
>or the Bluetake ones. It uses A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) and
>won't work with cell phone headsets.
>
>As far as learning about registry tweaking (which I like the sound of better
>than hacking) just google for Pocket PC Registry Hacks (or Tweaks) and you
>should find plenty. Do be familiar with how to hard reset your PPC, and be
>proactive with backups. You'll be needing them both during the learning
>process ;)
>
>> Thank for your information Sven.....can u teach me how to go into the ROM
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

August 13, 2005 1:37:47 AM

Depends on what you think is better. Some people think changing the colors
on the calendar to actually reflect their work hours is better. Some think
having PIE lie about what it is, is better. Try searching for hacks and if
some appeal to you go from there.

Searching is a good thing. Taking the Blutake model number and hitting one
of the price engines like pricegrabber will do wonders.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid...

--
message news:52B54A21E86D4@PocketPCJunkies.com...
> Thank for your helping Sven........What can I do with the registry editor
> make my 3715 better?? any others nice or good software you recommend?? and
> do
> u know where can i get the bluetake headphone "it damn nice man" how much
> is
> it....i go to their website but i cant get any information about place to
> buy
> and price.
>
> Sven wrote:
>>You need a registry editor such as the free one here
>>http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
>>
>>Here is one of many posts about the headset hack, which really just turns
>>on
>>a feature that exists in some iPAQs
>>http://handhelds.hackaday.com/entry/1234000010025644/
>>
>>But as I said this does not work on the 3715 as it does not have the
>>required headset/handfree profile on the device to activate. The
>>headphone
>>profile you downloaded is for stereo headphones such as HP's or
>>Logitech's,
>>or the Bluetake ones. It uses A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
>>and
>>won't work with cell phone headsets.
>>
>>As far as learning about registry tweaking (which I like the sound of
>>better
>>than hacking) just google for Pocket PC Registry Hacks (or Tweaks) and you
>>should find plenty. Do be familiar with how to hard reset your PPC, and be
>>proactive with backups. You'll be needing them both during the learning
>>process ;)
>>
>>> Thank for your information Sven.....can u teach me how to go into the
>>> ROM
>>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

August 19, 2005 3:42:00 PM

Thank a lot sven

1 more question ,i just realise that the ipaq3715 can not send file, song or
picture via bluetooth..
can u teach me to slove this problem too..."this is a big problem for me ,i
can't share my nice photo with my friends"