Closed Solved

Vista Home Premium Media center problems

HI,
Id really like some help. I bought a computer equipped as listed below. Ive been using Media Center to watch videos, and movies since I got it.. about 4 Months ago. Recently Ive been getting errors when attempting to view a video (AVI). the error says there was an error and the program will have to close. I could restart Media Center and then view the video. I am using the Microsoft remote to start Media center. Now, I cant get it to work at all. I only get the error that the program has to close. Ive gotten no reply from Microsoft about the error and I was wondering if anybody on this forum had a similar problem and what was the fix. Im getting very frustrated and also I cannot find a way to do a repair on vista like you can with XP. any help you guy can give me would be appreciated. I really dont want to re-install vista if I dont have to but it may come down to that. Thanks in advance.

Windows Vista (Home Premium)

Motherboard
Manufacturer Foxconn
Model 945 7MD Series

Chipset
Chipset Model 945G Processor to I/O Controller
South Bridge 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller
SMBus Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller @0500h

CPU
Cpu Socket LGA775 [Socket 775]
Max CPU Speed 4000 MHz
One Physical Processor / 2 Cores / 2 Logical Processors / 64 bits

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz

Memory
2X 1024 Mb
Memory Type DDR2 SDRAM
Speed DDR2-533 (266 MHz)
Data Width 64 bits

Hard Drive
Western Digital WDC WD3200JS-00PDB0 320 GBytes SATA-II
Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-00RYA0 320 GBytes SATA-II
Graphics Card
256 MBytes
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vista home premium media center problems
  1. Best answer
    Try uninstalling all 'other' media players on your system, Real Player, etc.
  2. thanks badge, I should have thought of that. Ill try it and let you know if it works.. thanks
  3. badge, Just thought I'd let you know it worked. I removed the media players, real player etc, now the vista media center is working again, thanks for your help.
  4. Sounds like one of the other players botched up the video encoders.. an older version of one etc. Glad to hear you got it working again :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Media Center Windows Vista