Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked into sound cards for a while but I just got the Logitech z5500 speaker system and I want to upgrade my old audigy se card. Basically I want something that's working fully with Vista and will be a noticible upgrade from my old card for both music and games. Oh, and movies too. Must be under $200.

Thanks.

e6600 @3.5, 6 gig ram, asus p5b deluxe, Vista 64 ultimate

God I love Newegg - They have a Warehouse not far from where I live - the Auzentech card was waiting for me when I got home.

Install - Ummm... It's a PCi card... Has the standard 10 pin connector for the front panel, which my case has. So plug in the card. Plug in the connector, screw the thing down, and close the case.

DL'd the very latest driver/app from their website (dated 12/21), which includes the Digital Live stuff. OK fine...

Long term usage remains to be seen, but this is the first sound card that made me want to upgrade my home stereo. Definitely getting a new headset - I brought the Denon headphones I use upstairs down and they sound better on this card then they do on the stereo! Not that I have a high end system, but still.. Clearer highs, deeper and more powerful bass. Even streaming music over the web sounds hugely better. It's also WAY more powerful in terms of output than the Berenstein thing that came with my Mobo.

A quick jaunt through a couple levels of Bioshock - More detail than I've heard before, and WAY better positional info - I can hear whether something is above or below me, rather than just being 'present'. Granted, the Denons are far better headphones than my gaming ones, so I can't credit the sound card for all of it. But still.

Wasn't cheap, but I'm happy. Just need to put it to more/better use. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.