Solved

Saving Linux Games to CD?

Hi everyone. I'm getting ready to try Linux for the very first time in the next few weeks for a new pc I'll be building. I haven't decided on a distro just yet Ubuntu 9.04, openSuse 11.2, Fedora 12, Mandriva 2010 & Zenwalk are some of my top choices. Anyway, at home, I unfortunately have dial-up net access, but want to download some games like OpenArena, UFO: Alien Invasion, etc. I'll be taking a trip soon and will have access to DSL for a few days. Is it possible to download the games and burn them to cd like you can in windows? I'm a noob and don't really know about .Deb, .RPM, & .Tar.GZ. Any advic and help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about saving linux games
  1. Best answer
    Short answer is yes :) You can download any of the formats you mention and save them as a bog standard binary file to a CD, Pen Drive or any other media. You would then install as if you had just downloaded the file. There is nothing different really between a .ZIP / .RAR and a .Tar.GZ in terms of what you are trying to do.
  2. Thanks for the help audiovoodoo. Thought that might be the case but wanted to ask someone more experienced and make sure.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Linux