Please help - Stuck at Resume Loader Screen

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Finally built my first new rig and its stuck. Worked fine for awhile please help.
Abit IP-35 Pro
Q6600 GO
WD500 Sata
CD RW
8800 GT
windows OEM vista 64 bit

Screen says windows resume loader - Last attempt to resume the system from previous location failed. Attempt to resume again? but keyboard won't type enter command. I've tried everthing I can think of for 8 hours. OEM vista won't reinstall what can I do/try? Can this hard drive be manually wiped clean? I can't be the only person this has happened to? Please help - Thanks

Tis might help. Reset the CMOS jumper or possibly boot to the MB CD. Possibly use a PS2 keyboard.

http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=795325

I recently was restarting from a Hibernate state and received the Windows
Resume Loader page with two options: Resume are Restart. However, Enter
command from the keyboard would not work. The up down arrows did but not
the enter key. I tried booting from the windows install disk but the Resume
Loader page would keep coming up. I finally tried my motherboard disk,
which is bootable. The enter command finally worked on the Resume Loader
Page. The enter key worked in the bios setup and as the "press any key to
boot from the CD".

I was using a PS2 keyboard.

If this happens again, can anyone please tell me how to get out of the
REsume Loader Page? The only thing I have found is to reset the CMOS which
would then force me to redo the bios.

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Tried the abit disk with no luck as well. Whenever hard drive is read it goes straight to that screen and won't budge. Can my hardc drive be reset or wiped clean some how to try a new vista install? My vista wont uninstall or reinstall now.

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Well I tried removing the battery and its still going back to the windows resume loader screen and is stuck. I'm not sure how you are telling me to wipe this hard drive. Do I need to jumper some pins at its rear?

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Badge I've tried unplugging the HD and it starts good. But whenever I hook the HD up it goes to my frozen death screen. Is there anyway to access the HD prior to a vista load. Is there anyway to uninstall vista prior to hitting my death screen? Can i manually wipe this disk with jumpers?

Well, unplug the hard drive. Boot the system and hold down the 'delete' key and get into BIOS. In BIOS, default and save and shut down. Hook up the hard drive and see if it still hangs.

Try making a Western Digital 'Lifeguard tools' bootable CD and wiping the HD clean with that CD.

I'm thinking you may have a corrupted BIOS. It's a little extreme at this point, but flashing the BIOS to the latest version available is a possibility. Don't try that just yet though.

Is there anyway to access the HD prior to a vista load. Is there anyway to uninstall vista prior to hitting my death screen? Can i manually wipe this disk with jumpers?

Well, just remove the HD and install it in another computer either by SATA header ot external enclosure. Then go to disk management and reformat the drive. Only thing I can think of.

ImajorI

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Badge thanks for the help. I got it. It was the keyboards input needed to be ps 2 not usb all along. In case anyone ever asks this again. Plugged in my old ps2 keyboard and got it working.