Shuttlewprth out puts UBUNTU down ?

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Gents:

Blabla aside, Mark Shuttleworth is leaving Canonical in March. My guess is he's taking his Ubuntu subsidy with him. Since "C" cannot support itself I believe Lechy_ Lynx 10.4 LTS will be THE LAST buffed-out Ubuntu ... mebby a couple quality updates before the coding herd scatters to a last hurrah. Then darkness .....

Meanwhile the Debiolian long_toothed code_wolves are always prowling .... It's like seeing a 57-mm arrow with a KRYPTON warhead flying straight toward Supermans heart. SPLAT!

linuxhero27

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Just because the booze are gone doesn't mean the party can't be a blast.

I'm sure some things will change, but I have the feeling Ubuntu will be around for a long time.

..... at least until Steve Ballmer decides to screw us all over.

nss000

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

Should M$ ( or donoevil_GOOGLE ) decide to BUY Canonical, who's to stop them ? What an Open-Source battle in-da-cloud$ : M$_Red-Hat vs Google-buntu . At least the Debian-coders would get paid, and LM_Sensors would work on mobos less<than 3-years old. !!

What would it say to Microsofts existing customer base if they did? MS have more than enough tie in with Novell that if they wished they could release an MS branded Linux without spending on Ubuntu. As for Google they already use a Linux core with a custom stack, something 2010 will doubtless bring more off.