WIndows Mobile 5.0 HP 3715

August 10, 2005 5:00:02 PM

Does Windows Mobile 5.0 work for the HP 3715? HP is supposed to be upgrading
their other iPAQ models, but what about the 3715?
--
Rich

More about : windows mobile 3715

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 10, 2005 8:15:40 PM

"Rich" <rich_mcneill@waters.com> wrote in message
> Does Windows Mobile 5.0 work for the HP 3715? HP is supposed to be
> upgrading
> their other iPAQ models, but what about the 3715?

Well, the rx series is a current model, so you would think that it would at
least be considered, but so far HP has not been forthcoming with any news
about updates for the series (which, considering the timeframe, does not
bode well). There are updates planned for the HP iPAQ hx2100, hx2400,
hx2700 and hx4700 models, however.

More Info:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2005/050510b.ht...

Just remember that the lack of a 5.0 upgrade will in now way diminish the
effectiveness of the device for its planned lifetime, especially given the
rich third party support for the device platform.
August 10, 2005 8:15:41 PM

Thanks for the info. I guess it's just a matter of 'update phobia' Always
wanting the latest and ... greatest?
--
Rich

"xTenn" wrote:

> "Rich" <rich_mcneill@waters.com> wrote in message
> > Does Windows Mobile 5.0 work for the HP 3715? HP is supposed to be
> > upgrading
> > their other iPAQ models, but what about the 3715?
>

> Well, the rx series is a current model, so you would think that it would at
> least be considered, but so far HP has not been forthcoming with any news
> about updates for the series (which, considering the timeframe, does not
> bode well). There are updates planned for the HP iPAQ hx2100, hx2400,
> hx2700 and hx4700 models, however.
>
> More Info:
>
> http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2005/050510b.ht...
>
> Just remember that the lack of a 5.0 upgrade will in now way diminish the
> effectiveness of the device for its planned lifetime, especially given the
> rich third party support for the device platform.

a b α HP
August 10, 2005 8:47:54 PM

> Thanks for the info. I guess it's just a matter of 'update phobia'
> Always
> wanting the latest and ... greatest?

Well, I would have to be kidding myself to think that anything dealing with
electronics didn't feed such a phobia in all of us. :)
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 10, 2005 8:59:46 PM

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:42:03 -0700, "Rich" <rich_mcneill@waters.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the info. I guess it's just a matter of 'update phobia' Always
>wanting the latest and ... greatest?

I think you mean "mania", not phobia. "Phobia" is a serious fear.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 11, 2005 3:10:16 AM

>>Thanks for the info. I guess it's just a matter of 'update phobia'
>>Always
>>wanting the latest and ... greatest?
>
> I think you mean "mania", not phobia. "Phobia" is a serious fear.

I have a serious fear of not having the latest software!

Tom "I should get out more" Lake
!