Formating a hard drive with windows 2000 pro

Tags:
  • Windows 2000
  • Hard Drives
  • Format
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 10, 2011 7:12:14 PM

Hello, How can I format my hard drive that is running windows 2000 pro? I have tried to format it by inserting the installation CD. I get to the setup and it installs the setup files. It gives me the option to repair, install windows 2000, or exit without installing. Even if I choose to install windows 2000 it never gives me the option to format the hard drive, only to partition it so there are two separate copies of windows 2000 on the hard drive. If I try to install on the same partition it says that is not recommended because two of the same programs will not run correctly. This is an old Dell computer and it will not allow me to access the Bios by pressing the F2 key before start up. Can anyone help me?

More about : formating hard drive windows 2000 pro

January 15, 2011 4:51:19 AM

And when you get tired of looking at that phony page and actually want to download the thing it is HERE

or... somebody supply a real screenshot of a download link on that page. (circles and arrows are helpful)
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
January 15, 2011 10:53:41 AM

Dude,

Gotta agree with Tigsounds, that's a link to a bogus Hiren's page!
m
l
January 15, 2011 5:42:10 PM

OK...

I'm sorry....
m
l
January 22, 2011 10:54:21 PM

tigsounds said:
And when you get tired of looking at that phony page and actually want to download the thing it is HERE

or... somebody supply a real screenshot of a download link on that page. (circles and arrows are helpful)

So let me make sure I'm understanding what you are saying. You are saying I need to download this Hiren program? My next question would be, what is that program supposed to do? Will it format the hard drive for me or what? Thanks for helping.
m
l
January 22, 2011 10:59:45 PM

leonvski said:
Are You "Drunk Again Bad Kitty" ??

It is only for information, not download....

http://www.hiren.INFO/pages/bootcd

Those interested... seach for...

Man I'm tired of searching for stuff. I'm asking for someone to show me what I need to do. If I need to download a certain program that's fine, but tell me what it does and give me a link to the site not what I need to search for. I don't know what I'm looking for, that's why I asked for help.
m
l
January 24, 2011 8:24:33 AM

When using the installation CD, it will ask you what partition you want to install Windows on. Just select the current partition and delete it. It will ask you to press L or something to confirm, then enter. Then create a new partition in the unpartitioned space. It will force you to format it after that. If the hard drive is smaller, you will have the option to format FAT32 or NTFS. If it is larger, NTFS will be the only option.
m
l
!