  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 10, 2004 5:54:54 AM

Hi Troops,

Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight GMT.
The server will run well into Sunday.

Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.

Lock and load. See you there.

Best,
Tom

More about : saturday night blood bath

Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:54:55 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
news:o tIdc.78474$4B1.28350@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Hi Troops,
>
> Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
> gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
GMT.
> The server will run well into Sunday.
>
> Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
>
> Lock and load. See you there.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Hi Tom,
I plan on being there.

G.
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:54:55 AM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
news:o tIdc.78474$4B1.28350@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Hi Troops,
>
> Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
> gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
GMT.
> The server will run well into Sunday.
>
> Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
>
> Lock and load. See you there.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Maybe a MP co-op?

G.
April 10, 2004 7:03:40 AM

Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> Hi Troops,
>
> Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab
> your gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central,
> Midnight GMT. The server will run well into Sunday.
>
> Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
>
> Lock and load. See you there.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Will be there :)

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever." EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk My Quake2 FTP site:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 10:14:43 AM

George said;
"Maybe a MP co-op?"

Hi George,

Mission Pack?

Best,
Tom
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 8:14:48 PM

Yep.

> George said;
> "Maybe a MP co-op?"
>
> Hi George,
>
> Mission Pack?
>
> Best,
> Tom

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 1:10:35 AM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:54:54 GMT, "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com>
wrote:

>Hi Troops,
>
> Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
>gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight GMT.
>The server will run well into Sunday.
>
> Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
>
> Lock and load. See you there.
>
>Best,
>Tom

What port, 27910 ?
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 1:10:36 AM

Standard Q2 port.

G.

"Fan1" <Fan1@att.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:54:54 GMT, "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi Troops,
> >
> > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
> >gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
GMT.
> >The server will run well into Sunday.
> >
> > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
> >
> > Lock and load. See you there.
> >
> >Best,
> >Tom
> >

> What port, 27910 ?

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:36:05 PM

Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started out
with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part of
that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it to
skill 3 without starting over :-(

After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance to
reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.

Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others I
can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does it?
It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's a
job for the bit jockeys.

See you next week, and thanks again all.

Best,
Tom
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:36:06 PM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
news:p Jcec.83827$4B1.46252@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
out
> with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part
of
> that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it
> skill 3 without starting over :-(
>
> After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance
> reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
> played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
>
> Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others
> can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
it?
> It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's
> job for the bit jockeys.
>
> See you next week, and thanks again all.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Hi Tom,
Q2admin can produce logs. I'll test it a bit and get back to you.

G.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:36:06 PM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
news:p Jcec.83827$4B1.46252@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
out
> with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part
of
> that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it
> skill 3 without starting over :-(
>
> After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance
> reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
> played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
>
> Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others
> can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
it?
> It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's
> job for the bit jockeys.
>
> See you next week, and thanks again all.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added though:

Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"

Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
"68.57.22.77:27901"
Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
"68.57.22.77:27901"
Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
Cmd"god"
Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
Cmd"noclip"
Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12" IP
"68.57.22.77:27901"
Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"

G.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:36:06 PM

Tom Chaudoir wrote:
> Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started out
> with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part of
> that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it to
> skill 3 without starting over :-(
>
> After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance to
> reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
> played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
>
> Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others I
> can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does it?
> It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's a
> job for the bit jockeys.

Hi Tom/others,

Great fun, enjoyed playing. Quake2 coop is highly underrated, glad to
see people still playing. I'll drop in when I can. I have both mission
packs, btw. Rogue's Edge DM is a lot of fun, esp. the anti-matter bomb. ;)

Cheers,
-Jamie (GOon)

> See you next week, and thanks again all.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:41:01 AM

Hi George,

Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
newbie question).

Best,
Tom

"George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> news:p Jcec.83827$4B1.46252@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
> out
> > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well,
part
> of
> > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump
it
> > skill 3 without starting over :-(
> >
> > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My
chance
> > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team!
> > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
> >
> > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and
others
> > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
> it?
> > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc.
There's
> > job for the bit jockeys.
> >
> > See you next week, and thanks again all.
> >
> > Best,
> > Tom
> >

> Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added
though:

> Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"
>
> Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
> "68.57.22.77:27901"
> Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
> "68.57.22.77:27901"
> Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
> Cmd"god"
> Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
> Cmd"noclip"
> Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12" IP
> "68.57.22.77:27901"
> Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"
>

> G.

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:54:52 AM

Yeah just extract it to your q2 directory.

> Hi George,
>
> Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
> newbie question).
>
> Best,
> Tom
>
> "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> > news:p Jcec.83827$4B1.46252@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> > > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We
started
> > out
> > > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well,
> part
> > of
> > > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump
> it
> > > skill 3 without starting over :-(
> > >
> > > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My
> chance
> > > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full
team!
> > > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
> > >
> > > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and
> others
> > > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file,
does
> > it?
> > > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc.
> There's
> > > job for the bit jockeys.
> > >
> > > See you next week, and thanks again all.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Tom
> > >

> > Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added
> though:
> >
> > Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"
> >
> > Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
> > "68.57.22.77:27901"
> > Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0"
IP
> > "68.57.22.77:27901"
> > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
> > Cmd"god"
> > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
> > Cmd"noclip"
> > Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12"
IP
> > "68.57.22.77:27901"
> > Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"
> >

> > G.

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 9:26:18 PM

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> Hi George,
>
> Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
> newbie question).
>
> Best,
> Tom

Hi Tom, etc.

q2admin is on your server, probably more than once:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/scrapple/Utils

I'm running v 1.17.

My q2admin setup. Each text file has fairly good commentary on how to set
up the configuration.

1. Disabling client side commands.
Set this command to "Yes" in q2admin.txt:
disablecmds_enable "Yes"

I have these commands disabled in q2admindisable.txt:
SW:god
SW:noclip
SW:give

2. Enable logging.
This is how I have logging configured in q2adminlog.txt. Most are the
default setting.

SERVERSTART: YES 1 "Server Start: \#t\"
SERVEREND: YES 1 "Server End: \#t\"
ZBOT: YES 1 "Proxy User: Time \"#t\" name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\"
I(#e)"
ZBOTIMPULSES: YES 1 "ZBOT Impulse: Time \"#t\" Impulse \"#n generated a
impulse #m\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
IMPULSES: YES 1 "Impulse: Time \"#t\" Impulse \"#n generated a impulse #e\"
Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
NAMECHANGE: YES 1 "Name: Time \"#t\" \"#m -->> #n\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
CLIENTCONNECT: YES 1 "Connect: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP
\"#i\""
CLIENTBEGIN: YES 1 "Player Begin: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP
\"#i\""
CLIENTDISCONNECT: YES 1 "Disconnect: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\"
IP \"#i\""
INTERNALWARN: YES 1 "Internal Warning(#e): Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping
\"#p\" IP \"#i\" #m"
;INVALIDIP: YES 1 "Client has invalid IP Address: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\"
Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\" #m"
INVALIDIP: YES 1 "Client has invalid IP Address: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\"
Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
DISABLECMD: YES 1 "Client ran disabled cmd: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Cmd
\"#m\""
; SKINCHANGE: YES 1 "Skin: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" \"#m -->> #s\" Ping
\"#p\" IP \"#i\""
April 28, 2004 7:54:06 AM

"GOon" <goon@bluebutton.com> wrote in message
> Great fun, enjoyed playing. Quake2 coop is highly underrated, glad to
> see people still playing. I'll drop in when I can. I have both mission
> packs, btw. Rogue's Edge DM is a lot of fun, esp. the anti-matter bomb.
;)

Yes it is underrated!
And Holy Cow I cant believe people are still so into this.
I havent played Q2 in a few years and I used to hang out here
back in '99. A friend and I started playing again and doing coop on a server
I run on my pc. It IS great fun! We use regular quake and SP maps
I've found that other people created.
I also use the Lazarus mod which works with any SP map.
Anyway the next time you guys run this I want launch my pod smack in
the middle and blast those Effing stroggs!

Try the lazarus mod. It gives the entities more "intelligence" and
agression.
http://www.planetquake.com/lazarus/

David
aka Shogo