Saturday night co-op blood bath.

Hi Troops,

Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight GMT.
The server will run well into Sunday.

Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.

Lock and load. See you there.

Best,
Tom
15 answers Last reply
More about saturday night blood bath

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Troops,
    >
    > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
    > gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
    GMT.
    > The server will run well into Sunday.
    >
    > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
    >
    > Lock and load. See you there.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi Tom,
    I plan on being there.

    G.

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Troops,
    >
    > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
    > gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
    GMT.
    > The server will run well into Sunday.
    >
    > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
    >
    > Lock and load. See you there.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Maybe a MP co-op?

    G.

    Tom Chaudoir wrote:
    > Hi Troops,
    >
    > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab
    > your gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central,
    > Midnight GMT. The server will run well into Sunday.
    >
    > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
    >
    > Lock and load. See you there.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Will be there :)

    "I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
    well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
    companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
    ever." EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk My Quake2 FTP site:
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

    George said;
    "Maybe a MP co-op?"

    Hi George,

    Mission Pack?

    Best,
    Tom

    Yep.

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:54:54 GMT, "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi Troops,
    >
    > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
    >gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight GMT.
    >The server will run well into Sunday.
    >
    > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
    >
    > Lock and load. See you there.
    >
    >Best,
    >Tom

    What port, 27910 ?

    Standard Q2 port.

    G.

    "Fan1" <Fan1@att.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:54:54 GMT, "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi Troops,
    > >
    > > Let's pile up a nice big strogg body count on Saturday night. Grab your
    > >gear and form up at 65.30.181.223. We deploy at 6PM Central, Midnight
    GMT.
    > >The server will run well into Sunday.
    > >
    > > Team players only. No cheats unless you get really stuck please.
    > >
    > > Lock and load. See you there.
    > >
    > >Best,
    > >Tom
    > >

    > What port, 27910 ?

    Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started out
    with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part of
    that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it to
    skill 3 without starting over :-(

    After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance to
    reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
    played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.

    Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others I
    can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does it?
    It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's a
    job for the bit jockeys.

    See you next week, and thanks again all.

    Best,
    Tom

    > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
    out
    > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part
    of
    > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it
    > skill 3 without starting over :-(
    >
    > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance
    > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
    > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
    >
    > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others
    > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
    it?
    > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's
    > job for the bit jockeys.
    >
    > See you next week, and thanks again all.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi Tom,
    Q2admin can produce logs. I'll test it a bit and get back to you.

    G.

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
    out
    > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part
    of
    > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it
    > skill 3 without starting over :-(
    >
    > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance
    > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
    > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
    >
    > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others
    > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
    it?
    > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's
    > job for the bit jockeys.
    >
    > See you next week, and thanks again all.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added though:

    Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"

    Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
    "68.57.22.77:27901"
    Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
    "68.57.22.77:27901"
    Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
    Cmd"god"
    Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
    Cmd"noclip"
    Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12" IP
    "68.57.22.77:27901"
    Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"

    G.

    Tom Chaudoir wrote:
    > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started out
    > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well, part of
    > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump it to
    > skill 3 without starting over :-(
    >
    > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My chance to
    > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team! I
    > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
    >
    > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and others I
    > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does it?
    > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc. There's a
    > job for the bit jockeys.

    Hi Tom/others,

    Great fun, enjoyed playing. Quake2 coop is highly underrated, glad to
    see people still playing. I'll drop in when I can. I have both mission
    packs, btw. Rogue's Edge DM is a lot of fun, esp. the anti-matter bomb. ;)

    Cheers,
    -Jamie (GOon)

    > See you next week, and thanks again all.
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi George,

    Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
    newbie question).

    Best,
    Tom

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We started
    > out
    > > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well,
    part
    > of
    > > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump
    it
    > > skill 3 without starting over :-(
    > >
    > > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My
    chance
    > > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full team!
    > > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
    > >
    > > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and
    others
    > > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file, does
    > it?
    > > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc.
    There's
    > > job for the bit jockeys.
    > >
    > > See you next week, and thanks again all.
    > >
    > > Best,
    > > Tom
    > >

    > Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added
    though:

    > Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"
    >
    > Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
    > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
    > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
    > Cmd"god"
    > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
    > Cmd"noclip"
    > Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12" IP
    > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"
    >

    > G.

    Yeah just extract it to your q2 directory.

    > Hi George,
    >
    > Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
    > newbie question).
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom
    >
    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks to all who jumped into battle last night. Great games. We
    started
    > > out
    > > > with a full crew and really blew through some maps in a hurry. Well,
    > part
    > > of
    > > > that was because we were in baby mode for some reason. I couldn't bump
    > it
    > > > skill 3 without starting over :-(
    > > >
    > > > After a few hours, everyone checked out at about the same time. My
    > chance
    > > > reset the game in manly mode. In a few minutes we had another full
    team!
    > > > played until ready to drop, and a couple of members kept going.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for a great game to EvilBill, Scrapple, Goon, Supertech, and
    > others
    > > > can't remember now. Too bad Q2 doesn't make some kind of log file,
    does
    > > it?
    > > > It would be cool to see who jumped in, when, how many kills, etc.
    > There's
    > > > job for the bit jockeys.
    > > >
    > > > See you next week, and thanks again all.
    > > >
    > > > Best,
    > > > Tom
    > > >

    > > Here's the q2admin log test, don't know if player stats can be added
    > though:
    > >
    > > Server Start: Sun Apr 11 12:38:47 2004"
    > >
    > > Connect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:14 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0" IP
    > > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > > Player Begin: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:39:29 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "0"
    IP
    > > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:49 2004" Name "scrapple"
    > > Cmd"god"
    > > Client ran disabled cmd: Time"Sun Apr 11 12:39:56 2004" Name "scrapple"
    > > Cmd"noclip"
    > > Disconnect: Time "Sun Apr 11 12:40:04 2004" Name "scrapple" Ping "12"
    IP
    > > "68.57.22.77:27901"
    > > Server End: Sun Apr 11 12:40:10 2004"
    > >

    > > G.

    "Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
    > Hi George,
    >
    > Cool. We can have a log. Q2admin is a separate package, yes? (Another
    > newbie question).
    >
    > Best,
    > Tom

    Hi Tom, etc.

    q2admin is on your server, probably more than once:
    ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/scrapple/Utils

    I'm running v 1.17.

    My q2admin setup. Each text file has fairly good commentary on how to set
    up the configuration.

    1. Disabling client side commands.
    Set this command to "Yes" in q2admin.txt:
    disablecmds_enable "Yes"

    I have these commands disabled in q2admindisable.txt:
    SW:god
    SW:noclip
    SW:give

    2. Enable logging.
    This is how I have logging configured in q2adminlog.txt. Most are the
    default setting.

    SERVERSTART: YES 1 "Server Start: \#t\"
    SERVEREND: YES 1 "Server End: \#t\"
    ZBOT: YES 1 "Proxy User: Time \"#t\" name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\"
    I(#e)"
    ZBOTIMPULSES: YES 1 "ZBOT Impulse: Time \"#t\" Impulse \"#n generated a
    impulse #m\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
    IMPULSES: YES 1 "Impulse: Time \"#t\" Impulse \"#n generated a impulse #e\"
    Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
    NAMECHANGE: YES 1 "Name: Time \"#t\" \"#m -->> #n\" Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
    CLIENTCONNECT: YES 1 "Connect: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP
    \"#i\""
    CLIENTBEGIN: YES 1 "Player Begin: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\" IP
    \"#i\""
    CLIENTDISCONNECT: YES 1 "Disconnect: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping \"#p\"
    IP \"#i\""
    INTERNALWARN: YES 1 "Internal Warning(#e): Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Ping
    \"#p\" IP \"#i\" #m"
    ;INVALIDIP: YES 1 "Client has invalid IP Address: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\"
    Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\" #m"
    INVALIDIP: YES 1 "Client has invalid IP Address: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\"
    Ping \"#p\" IP \"#i\""
    DISABLECMD: YES 1 "Client ran disabled cmd: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" Cmd
    \"#m\""
    ; SKINCHANGE: YES 1 "Skin: Time \"#t\" Name \"#n\" \"#m -->> #s\" Ping
    \"#p\" IP \"#i\""

    "GOon" <goon@bluebutton.com> wrote in message
    > Great fun, enjoyed playing. Quake2 coop is highly underrated, glad to
    > see people still playing. I'll drop in when I can. I have both mission
    > packs, btw. Rogue's Edge DM is a lot of fun, esp. the anti-matter bomb.
    ;)

    Yes it is underrated!
    And Holy Cow I cant believe people are still so into this.
    I havent played Q2 in a few years and I used to hang out here
    back in '99. A friend and I started playing again and doing coop on a server
    I run on my pc. It IS great fun! We use regular quake and SP maps
    I've found that other people created.
    I also use the Lazarus mod which works with any SP map.
    Anyway the next time you guys run this I want launch my pod smack in
    the middle and blast those Effing stroggs!

    Try the lazarus mod. It gives the entities more "intelligence" and
    agression.
    http://www.planetquake.com/lazarus/

    David
    aka Shogo