Double Win XP install

vampire666

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
Hi. :)

I was wondering if installing a dual boot of Windows XP was possible. I'm not talking of installing WinXP along with another different OS, but....2 WinXP on the same PC.

-WinXP 1 for games and games only,
-WinXP 2 for all the rest (internet, office, video, mp3 etc, etc...)

I mean I would like to keep the WinXP for games installation (WinXP 1) as clean as possible, with only the drivers necessary, disabling all the windows services and stuff not needed on a general windows installation.

I guess that this would give me a system with more resources for games (ram I guess), less need to use the paging file, less defrags (even if I already keep the programs/games on different partitions of the OS) and so on..

Is this a completely stupid idea (please don't be too harsh), or is it feasible?
Is there another workaround (would creating another account profile do the job so that I won't need to have two windows installation ---> but I guess that I can't do that for drivers and programs I already installed in "use for all profiles" mode)?

Thanks a bunch.

sturm

Splendid
Take a hard drive and make 2 partitions. Install windows to the first partition and then install a second install to the 2nd partition.
I have done this works fine. In the boot menu name each install accordingly: Normal XP and Gameing XP....or something along that line.

Note you may legally need two seperate copies of xp. Not sure.

A second install also comes in handy if you get a virus on the other partiton and can't delete the files while windows is running. All you do is boot to the second install, delete the files on the infected install, reboot into the once infected install and your done.

lazzios

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Wanna go a step ahead and install 2 XPs on the same partition ??!!
Go ahead and try. I know it works just as well.

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Sorry F d up
If you cant without reinstalling|two installations xp try to search for gomerpile gaming batch file for essentially a clean boot on this forum

If you do decide on 2 installs goto blackviper.com for all things you can turn on and off for more info