Creating a multi-ISO thumb drive

Jonathan King

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am trying to create the ultimate repair/install thumb drive. Ideally, I would like Partition Wizard live, Ophcrack live, and whatever other ISOs I will use on the thumb drive, and I can boot into it and select which image to boot from. In addition, I would like to stick my x64 and x86 combined Windows 7 installation files and the x64 Windows 7 Repair disc on it too.

What is the best way to go about this? I know that I will need some program that runs first, and will redirect to the chosen image. The Windows 7 files will need to go onto an NTFS partition, right?

Thanks in advance,
~Jonathan

Solution

Whilst development has slowed the site has good information on how to modify the structure of UBCD to include any ISO that you want in the menu, this could include Win7 disks or anything else. Whilst it may be outdated if you have call to support older systems / Luddites that refuse to upgrade it can work very nicely.

linux_0

Splendid
Great tip linuxhero27, that looks really cool :)

According to google you'll find it here....

http://ultilex.linux-bg.org/#download

Remember Linux is free ( $0 - free download ), legal and open source.

If you use proprietary software you'll owe license fees and you'll have to do product activation and you're bound by the EULA or you'll get yourself into trouble.

Linux keeps you legal for nothing that's a great deal if you ask me :D

Whilst development has slowed the site has good information on how to modify the structure of UBCD to include any ISO that you want in the menu, this could include Win7 disks or anything else. Whilst it may be outdated if you have call to support older systems / Luddites that refuse to upgrade it can work very nicely.

Solution

Jonathan King

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
That seems like it will work. I am trying it now. Thank you and everyone else for helping.

Jonathan King

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Very good. Thank you. Now it is a matter of customizing it a bit!