anyone use the Thermaltake Gandalf Aluminum case?

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Is anyone here using the thermaltake Gandalf Aluminum case?

I really like its build quality and excellent liquid cooling feature with a radiator.
I would like to know your feedbacks on its performance.

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I got the Kandalf LCS, but the steel version. I like it. Plenty of room to work in. I tried to replace the fans on the rad (just for the heck of it), but they're hardwired in. I think you have the choice of the 250mm side fan now. I might get that. Just make sure to tilted the whole chassis on it's side to work out the air pockets in the rad (or remove the rad and tilt it only) otherwise the fluid won't flow :)

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I got the Kandalf LCS, but the steel version. I like it. Plenty of room to work in. I tried to replace the fans on the rad (just for the heck of it), but they're hardwired in. I think you have the choice of the 250mm side fan now. I might get that. Just make sure to tilted the whole chassis on it's side to work out the air pockets in the rad (or remove the rad and tilt it only) otherwise the fluid won't flow :)

Does the rad really cool down the HD and CPU? or
Is Thermaltake just scamming us?

Did you require help to install the liquid system?

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I had the one without the LCS and in Al, it was great, until my monitor fell on it :( . It's heaps roomy, great airflow, good layout, good build quality, fairly cheap for what it is. (it was a 22" CRT that fell on it, it would crush any case...)

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
The watercooling/radiator doesn't cool the HDDs, not stock anyway. It seems to work nicely on the CPU. It was relatively simple to connect the plumbing and pump. Watercooling really isn't that complex like so many others make it out to be. Attaching the waterblock is as complex as attaching an HSF. Just make sure the fittings are tight and test the water system *before* clamping everything in. It's works like the Koolance integrated system. No better, no worse IMO.

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
i would like to say, that for a kit LCS it is pretty decent, i just asked a mate about it for you, it will get you about 10+oC cooler than the high end air coolers and since it has a large rad and good pump the system can fairly easily include a gpu and chipset cooler.

chriscullen_uk

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
Im in the middle of building this system - as a newbie which fans can be removed from the system? Im keeping the fan which cools hdd in cage next to power supply - do I need the supplied top fan?

turboted

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

hi i have this case running two 5900 and a intel exstrem chip overclock and its running at 40c in games cheers andy

TRENDING THREADS