Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SMS Center#

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 6:46:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what I am
referring to.
Thank You!
Any replies greatly appreciated.

More about : sms center

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:25:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <20050105104653.07103.00002571@mb-m10.aol.com>,
navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:

> Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
> Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what I am
> referring to.

There seems to be a marked decrease in the knowledge level of the folks
at 611.

I called today for information on Cingulars relation to Coninental
Airlines One Pass program.

http://www.cingular.com/promotions/onepass/rules/0,,,00...

no one knows, but they're happy to put one on hold for 30 minutes while
they rummage through their training materials. Seems it might be more
cost effective for Cingular to let these rookies escalate.

The web page has no link to sign up, ask a question or send email. Quite
worthless really.

==
and don't ask 611 about a 64K sim, another topic they all slept through
in training.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:25:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack Zwick" <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:jzwick3-04925E.10250605012005@news1.west.earthlink.net...
> In article <20050105104653.07103.00002571@mb-m10.aol.com>,
> navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:
>
> > Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
> > Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what
I am
> > referring to.
>
> There seems to be a marked decrease in the knowledge level of the folks
> at 611.

And this would be based on the few months you have been a customer? Do
you have any specific examples of things they knew in the past that they
don't know now?

>
> I called today for information on Cingulars relation to Coninental
> Airlines One Pass program.
>
> http://www.cingular.com/promotions/onepass/rules/0,,,00...
>
> no one knows, but they're happy to put one on hold for 30 minutes while
> they rummage through their training materials. Seems it might be more
> cost effective for Cingular to let these rookies escalate.

Yeah- the Continental program is a hot item. I bet they get a call about it
every week.

>
> The web page has no link to sign up, ask a question or send email. Quite
> worthless really.

You're just mad because it cuts down the amount of anonymous bitching and
whining you can do.

>
> ==
> and don't ask 611 about a 64K sim, another topic they all slept through
> in training.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 11:17:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <20050105104653.07103.00002571@mb-m10.aol.com> on 05 Jan 2005 15:46:53 GMT,
navelguy00@aol.com (NavelGuy00) wrote:

>Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
>Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what I am
>referring to.
>Thank You!
>Any replies greatly appreciated.

+12099042010

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
January 6, 2005 7:22:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Hello,

>Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
>Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what I am
>referring to.

Did you try the lists that NotePage provides at:
http://www.notepage.net/support.htm

Best of luck
TK
January 6, 2005 4:00:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On 6 Jan 2005 04:22:17 -0800, TK <TK_member@newsguy.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>>Can anyone let me know what the correct Service Number is for SMS (Text
>>Messaging) on the Cingular Network. The CS people doen't even know what I am
>>referring to.
>
>Did you try the lists that NotePage provides at:
>http://www.notepage.net/support.htm

Cingular SMSC: +12099042000
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
!