Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nasty HP Software

Tags:
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Software
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 13, 2005 2:11:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi All,
Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
Best regards,
Opa.

More about : nasty software

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 13, 2005 2:11:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Reinstall the HP 5110 software, then uninstall it.

HP OfficeJet 5100 Full Solution Web Package Driver for Windows XP
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Opa" wrote:

| Hi All,
| Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
| one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
| want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
| button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
| software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
| killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
| registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
| can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
| Best regards,
| Opa.



---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:20:04 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 13, 2005 2:11:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I have found over the years right up until current even removing the
software with uninstalls and add remove programs it is still necessary to
edit the registry regardless! Everyone I know that has problems arise
sooner or later it all boils down to "What's in your wallet" (Registry)!
Even the best registry cleaners don't do 100%. I make it a point after
doing an uninstall of any software, drivers, peripherals, etc.. to go in and
manually edit the registry. Be Careful doing that though, you remove the
wrong thing and it can lead to major trouble so before doing this Back up
everything and if you cannot back everything up then don't go in and mess
with the registry!

Regards,


--
Jeff (707592) MBSA Beta 2.0

"Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
news:42846136$0$57420$dbd4f001@news.euronet.nl...
Hi All,
Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
Best regards,
Opa.
Related resources
May 13, 2005 2:18:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

HP has a special program to completely remove their software. You can get it
fro their website. It is about the only way to remove "Bad Install" junk
completely. If the drivers do not go iin right the first time it is a real
pain to reinstall

"Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
news:42846136$0$57420$dbd4f001@news.euronet.nl...
> Hi All,
> Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
> in one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
> I want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
> button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
> their software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems
> to be killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in
> the registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
> that can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
> Best regards,
> Opa.
>
>
May 13, 2005 6:33:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Carey,
Suggestion won't work. Message says: "The installation program has detected
that the software has already been installed."
That's why it is nasty...
Opa.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:eHyyYY7VFHA.2984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Reinstall the HP 5110 software, then uninstall it.
>
> HP OfficeJet 5100 Full Solution Web Package Driver for Windows XP
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Opa" wrote:
>
> | Hi All,
> | Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610,
> all in
> | one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
> I
> | want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
> | button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
> their
> | software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to
> be
> | killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
> | registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
> that
> | can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
> | Best regards,
> | Opa.
>
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
> Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:20:04 AM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 13, 2005 6:33:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Chat with an Online HP Technician
http://h20179.www2.hp.com/ipgna/caller/chat.asp?product...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/window...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Opa" wrote:

| Carey,
| Suggestion won't work. Message says: "The installation program has detected
| that the software has already been installed."
| That's why it is nasty...
| Opa.



---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:40:25 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com
May 13, 2005 8:53:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

And that is exactly what I did. Took a while though..., but I'm happy as a
clam.
Thank you guys for all the suggested support, was better than the HP support
desk anyway.
Opa.

"Brainlock" <nospam@thisaddy.com> schreef in bericht
news:JY2he.17416$ye1.12554@okepread06...
>I have found over the years right up until current even removing the
> software with uninstalls and add remove programs it is still necessary to
> edit the registry regardless! Everyone I know that has problems arise
> sooner or later it all boils down to "What's in your wallet" (Registry)!
> Even the best registry cleaners don't do 100%. I make it a point after
> doing an uninstall of any software, drivers, peripherals, etc.. to go in
> and
> manually edit the registry. Be Careful doing that though, you remove the
> wrong thing and it can lead to major trouble so before doing this Back up
> everything and if you cannot back everything up then don't go in and mess
> with the registry!
>
> Regards,
>
>
> --
> Jeff (707592) MBSA Beta 2.0
>
> "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
> news:42846136$0$57420$dbd4f001@news.euronet.nl...
> Hi All,
> Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
> in
> one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
> want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
> button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
> their
> software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
> killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
> registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
> can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
> Best regards,
> Opa.
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b α HP
May 14, 2005 6:55:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

This wouldn't have been an upgrade from Win9x OS, where the printer was
installed with say Win98 or WinME, then you upgraded to XP, now you need to
remove the old software/drivers to installed the new? If so, this is the
number one reason I recommend when upgrading from Win9x OS to WinNT OS to do
a clean install instead of upgrading. The uninstall programs barely worked
correctly in Win9x, much less work in an OS that didn't even exist when the
software was created. Mental note, it saves you these headaches a few years
later, and it is usually during a crunch situation when it bytes (pun on
words) you the most ;-)

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
news:42846136$0$57420$dbd4f001@news.euronet.nl...
> Hi All,
> Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
> in one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
> I want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
> button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
> their software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems
> to be killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in
> the registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
> that can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
> Best regards,
> Opa.
>
>
!