Nasty HP Software

Hi All,
Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
Best regards,
Opa.
7 answers Last reply
More about nasty software

    Reinstall the HP 5110 software, then uninstall it.

    HP OfficeJet 5100 Full Solution Web Package Driver for Windows XP
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=89999&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-11472-3

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Opa" wrote:

    | Hi All,
    | Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
    | one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
    | want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    | button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
    | software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
    | killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
    | registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
    | can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    | Best regards,
    | Opa.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
    Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:20:04 AM

    I have found over the years right up until current even removing the
    software with uninstalls and add remove programs it is still necessary to
    edit the registry regardless! Everyone I know that has problems arise
    sooner or later it all boils down to "What's in your wallet" (Registry)!
    Even the best registry cleaners don't do 100%. I make it a point after
    doing an uninstall of any software, drivers, peripherals, etc.. to go in and
    manually edit the registry. Be Careful doing that though, you remove the
    wrong thing and it can lead to major trouble so before doing this Back up
    everything and if you cannot back everything up then don't go in and mess
    with the registry!

    Regards,

    --
    Jeff (707592) MBSA Beta 2.0

    "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
    Hi All,
    Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all in
    one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
    want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in their
    software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
    killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
    registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
    can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    Best regards,
    Opa.

    HP has a special program to completely remove their software. You can get it
    fro their website. It is about the only way to remove "Bad Install" junk
    completely. If the drivers do not go iin right the first time it is a real
    pain to reinstall

    "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
    > in one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
    > I want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    > button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
    > their software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems
    > to be killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in
    > the registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
    > that can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    > Best regards,
    > Opa.

    Carey,
    Suggestion won't work. Message says: "The installation program has detected
    that the software has already been installed."
    That's why it is nasty...
    Opa.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Reinstall the HP 5110 software, then uninstall it.
    >
    > HP OfficeJet 5100 Full Solution Web Package Driver for Windows XP
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=89999&dlc=en&softwareitem=oj-11472-3
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Opa" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi All,
    > | Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610,
    > all in
    > | one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
    > | want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    > | button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
    > their
    > | software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to
    > be
    > | killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
    > | registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
    > that
    > | can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    > | Best regards,
    > | Opa.
    >

    > ---
    > Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
    > Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:20:04 AM

    Chat with an Online HP Technician
    http://h20179.www2.hp.com/ipgna/caller/chat.asp?productName=HP+Officejet+5110+All-in-One&productCategory=12019&productSNI=hpofficeje90000&submitHUB.y=10&lang=en&submitHUB.x=6&cc=us

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Opa" wrote:

    | Carey,
    | Suggestion won't work. Message says: "The installation program has detected
    | that the software has already been installed."
    | That's why it is nasty...
    | Opa.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
    Tested on: 5/13/2005 7:40:25 AM

    And that is exactly what I did. Took a while though..., but I'm happy as a
    clam.
    Thank you guys for all the suggested support, was better than the HP support
    desk anyway.
    Opa.

    "Brainlock" <nospam@thisaddy.com> schreef in bericht
    >I have found over the years right up until current even removing the
    > software with uninstalls and add remove programs it is still necessary to
    > edit the registry regardless! Everyone I know that has problems arise
    > sooner or later it all boils down to "What's in your wallet" (Registry)!
    > Even the best registry cleaners don't do 100%. I make it a point after
    > doing an uninstall of any software, drivers, peripherals, etc.. to go in
    > and
    > manually edit the registry. Be Careful doing that though, you remove the
    > wrong thing and it can lead to major trouble so before doing this Back up
    > everything and if you cannot back everything up then don't go in and mess
    > with the registry!
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > --
    > Jeff (707592) MBSA Beta 2.0
    >
    > "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
    > in
    > one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it I
    > want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    > button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
    > their
    > software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems to be
    > killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in the
    > registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone that
    > can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    > Best regards,
    > Opa.

    This wouldn't have been an upgrade from Win9x OS, where the printer was
    installed with say Win98 or WinME, then you upgraded to XP, now you need to
    remove the old software/drivers to installed the new? If so, this is the
    number one reason I recommend when upgrading from Win9x OS to WinNT OS to do
    a clean install instead of upgrading. The uninstall programs barely worked
    correctly in Win9x, much less work in an OS that didn't even exist when the
    software was created. Mental note, it saves you these headaches a few years
    later, and it is usually during a crunch situation when it bytes (pun on
    words) you the most ;-)

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Opa" <garbage@bin.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Yesterday my printer, HP 5110, gave up. So bought a new one, HP 2610, all
    > in one stuff. However before I connected and installed the software for it
    > I want to de-install the present 5110 software. It's all in the click of a
    > button though? Forget it, there is no proper way to de-install. Not in
    > their software, not with Configuration>Add and Remove, the only way seems
    > to be killing the approprate directory, leaving all kings of reference in
    > the registry. Help from HP is non-existent in this life. Is there someone
    > that can guiding me to de-install the 5110 software?
    > Best regards,
    > Opa.

Hewlett Packard Software Windows XP