Need help installing XP on nvidia RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

affroman112

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I am trying to install Windows XP Pro w/ SP2 on a RAID 0. My motherboard is the Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe. I have the RAID drivers on a floppy disk and am using a Sony USB floppy. I boot the CD, hit F6 install the two drivers needed, partition the drive, and when it gets past that it tells me it needs NVIDIA RAID Driver (SCSI) on drive A. I don't now what this file is, but it doesn't appear to even look on my floppy and I can't get past this point. I have tried switching my SATA dvd drive for a PATA one but that didn't help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

blablasomebody

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
I came across the same problem, after few hours of downloading drivers from different nvidia sites including the manufacturer site and trying them, problem persisted.... and the solution was what afroman112 said - avoid using usb floppy drive, but use a standard floppy controller interface directly to motherboard. For some reason the reference is lost when using a usb.

G

i have the exxact same problem, but my floppy drive IS attached to the mobo. and the problem still persists. any ideas or experience with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.