Driver for Gateway FDP 1930 for Windows NT

bkeine

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
23 FEB 2011

Hello,

I want to connect an old (2003) 19" Gateway LCD Monitor Model FDP 1930 to an older (1999) Gateway computer with a Windows NT4.0 operating system.

When I connect the VGA cable and turn the computer on, the picture is very large
and a window pops up asking for another driver.

After I click on "Detect" it says: "The file 'ati.sys' on Windows NT workstation CD-ROM is needed".

Is such a driver available? What else can I do? Buy a new computer?

Thank you very much,

Bernd

bkeine

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

7 MAR 2011

I replied on 24 FEB 2011 as shown below. Somehow my reply did not show up. Thanks.
Here it is again:

24 FEB 2011

There is no CD in the drive. These messages are generated by the computer as it recognizes the missing driver for this Gateway Monitor.
Is 'ati.sys' the name of the missing driver?

Thank you very much

Bernd

bkeine

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

Hello,

Regarding:

"Hello ,
we noticed that your thread is not active anymore. Did you get the answer that you were seeking? We invite you to review the answers, and select the best one as your "Best Answer" (click on the gold cup above it)."

I got zero answers, therefore I can not select the best.

Thank you very much,

Bernd

bkeine

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Hello,

What does this NT4 Workstation CD contain? The Gateway computer with NT4.0 works fine.
Does this CD contain a Driver for the Gateway FDP 1930?
I want to hook up the Gateway FDP 1930 to this much older NT4.0 operating system.
My feeling is that no software was ever written to make this LCD monitor
compatible with the old NT4.0 operating system.

Thanks,

Bernd

bkeine

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
Just make sure the monitor driver says Plug and Play.

26 MAR 2011
Hello,
Let's assume I buy this CD with Windows NT 4.0.
Does this CD contain a Driver for the Gateway FDP 1930?

This LED Gateway Monitor model FDP 1930 is many years younger than NT4.0.
Therefore I don't believe neither Gateway nor Bill Gates bothered to write a driver software for this ancient operating system.
But maybe I am wrong.

Thank you very much,

Bernd

Monitors don't need drivers. But a different driver may be needed, or the current one may need some adjustment, to make your graphics card play properly with the monitor. Older versions of Windows, such as NT 4, often asked for the installation disk when just reconfiguring something, such as the network . Don't ask me why.

You can pick up an NT 4 disk for just a few dollars on eBay or at a computer fair. Your computer is asking you to insert the CD. Why argue with it for the sake of a few dollars?