Urgent Help Needed! Did a System Recovery - Can I get files back?

LionheartMG

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Hello!

I recently did a "The System Recovery program allows you to recover your PC's software to the original factory installation." which I've done before, but this time I forgot to check the option which saves all of my files such as photos and word documents.

I was curious if there was any way to restore these files?

Many thanks in advance!

lv426

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Hi

There is programs that can find files on your hd, I've no idea how good they are, never used them, and the success depends on that, you haven't overwritten the same sector on the hd where the files were (as the fat table now says these areas are empty)

give this a try http://www.download.com/Recover-Files/3000-2094_4-10715456.html?tag=lst-5

if possible run this prog on a different drive, to reduce the risk of overwriting the files your after

Good luck.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
you can go to here C:\System Volume Information\_restore directory of the computer and search the folders that are in the restore console providing you did not do another restore since the last one.
you will need to change security setting for your username. Disable simple file sharing to enable advanced security settings