Sign in with
Your question

Fun & Useful Toolbars for Win98

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
February 12, 2013 1:26:35 PM

Hi! I have a Windows 98 computer at my mother's house. Her WinVista computer has both FSL Launcher and Nexus. I like them both. Win98 comes with its own toolbar, but I want something better, like the above. Something that both is functional and looks good. It has to be small (I can use FFSJ to split the download onto several floppies, but the target hard drive has 2.1 GB total usable space.) and inexpensive (freeware/shareware preferred). Any ideas?

More about : fun toolbars win98

February 12, 2013 4:43:35 PM

The problem here is that the toolbars that will work for Windows 9x are very outdated and are probably not supported or will simply not support Windows 9x at all.

The modern computing world is trying so hard to move way from Windows XP, the successor of Windows 98 (As Windows ME failed to do so) this is a sign Windows 98 is just too old for such uses. However if you are willing to use an unsupporetd toolbar, then you should try the older versions of Google's toolbar (Version 1.0) and Yahoo toolbar (Version 4.0 and older).
February 12, 2013 5:39:37 PM

Northwestern said:
The problem here is that the toolbars that will work for Windows 9x are very outdated and are probably not supported or will simply not support Windows 9x at all.

The modern computing world is trying so hard to move way from Windows XP, the successor of Windows 98 (As Windows ME failed to do so) this is a sign Windows 98 is just too old for such uses. However if you are willing to use an unsupporetd toolbar, then you should try the older versions of Google's toolbar (Version 1.0) and Yahoo toolbar (Version 4.0 and older).

I don't mind the toolbar being out-of-date, as long as it looks good and does the job. :)  Besides, the Win98 computer is a toy. ;) 
!