Sign in with
Your question

Cannot remove logon password !

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
February 7, 2010 6:46:50 PM

Toschiba L355-S7812 before I have to logon to one of the operating systems I have to enter current password to log in GRUB.How to change it ? I want to logon directly to GRUB without enter any passwords, please help.

More about : remove logon password

February 7, 2010 8:10:21 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

What OS do you have?
m
l
February 7, 2010 11:50:34 PM

Windows 7, Mint 8

I think it's come from modified BIOS options, but no idea how to change.I can't reach BIOS battery.
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2010 1:56:13 AM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Linux/Free BSD by Mousemonkey
m
l
February 8, 2010 3:51:33 AM

After rebooting computer I am getting display " Enter Current Password ", how to skip this ??? Display not belongs to any OS.
m
l
February 8, 2010 6:26:00 PM

You'll have to reset your bios, check your motherboard manual for the right jumper.

What kind of motherboard do you have?

Good luck :) 
m
l
February 9, 2010 8:54:34 PM

Mousemonkey said:
This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Linux/Free BSD by Mousemonkey

This is a BIOS issue Monkey man. Just because somebody mentioned Linux does not mean you have to clear it from the other sections like some sort of virus. Why not move it to the mobile section as it's a laptop the OP uses?

@Pawel F
I've had a look but can't find the manual. You might do worse than to ask on:

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/

It appears to be ready by Toshiba staff.

Failing that if you still have the original CD's that came with it there should be a PDF version of the manual on there.

Good luck!
m
l
!