fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
I needs a new set of keys... I game, and I want something responsive and not clunky... The thing is, my parents want one that is white or gray, they say they can't see the key letters on a black board... So white is best... Also, I wouldn't like to spend more than 50 bucks....

Heres what I got my eye on...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823200007

I really like it's simple look and my parents will dig the light up keys... But i was wondering about the type of keys. Are the regular? are they slim laptop style? I don't dig laptop style and clunky is never good... So yeah, anyone have this one? can you recommend it? Can you make suggestions for another set that would fit my criteria? THANKS!

EDIT: I am also an aspiring musician, anyone have experience with the

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823200010

It would be handy for music, and I think it would be fun, but I am wondering how it could cause hinder other activities for me (gaming) and for my parents (web browsing etc...)

chief5286

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
If you only need white or grey keys, and not a white/grey keyboard, you might want to consider the Eclipse/Eclipse2.

I really like the feel of it for gaming. And its keys are backlit.

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
If you only need white or grey keys, and not a white/grey keyboard, you might want to consider the Eclipse/Eclipse2.

I really like the feel of it for gaming. And its keys are backlit.

yeah, looked at those, they are pretty ugly to me.. so yeah.. Thanks for the suggestion though!

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
there really is only 1 that I've found, logitech G-15 d00d, its smooth like butter and has backlit keys and the lcd screen for w00t factor!

WHITEROCK

Distinguished
May 13, 2007
Saw the keyboard with piano keys. Yeah looks and seems great but let's be honest.

If you not solely using you computer for music then that end extension is seriously going to annoy, you trust me.

It's the type of thing that you try at the shop, seems great, get it home and after two days you want to throw it at the wall.

My advice when buying anything is. If you can't touch it.. Don't touch it.

I know I must seem a dinosaur in the growing age of the internet ,but sometimes that's not a bad thing...

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks for the input.. and after some thinking.. I decided on the G11... Very much the same as the G15, except for the screen which I don't need, and the price was much close to 50 bucks than the G15. So I got that! :D