Application Display Order on Desktop

graeme

Hi all

Does anyone know how to force an application to always display on top of
other applications in the same way as the Windows Task Manager?

I am currently using AutoCAD (always full screen) but need to refer to an
electronic catalogue for part sizes.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

This is a function of the application, not the operating system. You need to check the specific application's options. You can also try a web search for phrases like:

keep selected app "always on top"

One such example is: http://www.sharewareconnection.com/wintopmost-disable-close.htm

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Graeme" <Graeme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07090BF6-1A8D-4482-AA11-FA33A0287EA2@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know how to force an application to always display on top of
> other applications in the same way as the Windows Task Manager?
>
> I am currently using AutoCAD (always full screen) but need to refer to an
> electronic catalogue for part sizes.
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Software that comes with NVidia video cards can do this - see Disaplay in Control Panel. If I know the titlebar text I can write a 2 line program for you.

"Graeme" <Graeme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07090BF6-1A8D-4482-AA11-FA33A0287EA2@microsoft.com...
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know how to force an application to always display on top of
> other applications in the same way as the Windows Task Manager?
>
> I am currently using AutoCAD (always full screen) but need to refer to an
> electronic catalogue for part sizes.
>
> Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

graeme

Hi David,
Thanks for the response, I'll get our IT bods to have a look into this - I
may get back to you.

Thanks again