Developing a GUI

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
SO I have this kind of awesome idea for a GUI that allows the user to navigate a small, portable device such as an mp3 player or something along the lines of that. It would allow for the listeing of music, viewing of photos and videos, launching of apps, and other stuff. Now I'm not talking about designing a whole operating system and like operating architecture. I just would like to dress up a rendition of an existing OS with my idea for a cool and (what I think is intuitive) GUI. I dont program, I don't know computer language and I'm not interested in learning so. I just, idk, I really feel something with this GUI. its hard to explain. btw, im 16 and i came up with this in my school notebooks. But seriously, those who are like 25+ do NOT give teenagers enough credit, let alone even acknowledge our opinions. But I have developed this way of visual navigation and I've planned it out in my head, I think it would look sooo sexy on a portable device. So my question to you is, where do I go from here? Or more likely, where would I theoretically go from the point of a concept on paper, to getting a visual prototype going? IK this may all sound so big and all, but every tree starts from a seed...

AMDnoob

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
btw i had no idea where the proper forum would be to post this, so I just put it under linux just because well it's like open source and you can do w/e you want w/ it basically.

@AMDNoob

Do you run Linux and do you have any development experience? I suspect a nice framework and building with controls might be a quick way to lay out your ideas and get something working. As sick as it might sound VB is very good for this.