HELP CONFUSED AND LOST.

AngusHades

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
G’day , I seem to be having a problem overclocking my 8800gtx it’s the stock model gtx nothing special , I can’t even get close to some overclocking results as I’ve seen on the net , I get as far as 620 and 950 even then is freezes in 3dmark , I have been using all the oc tools such as ati tool,rave* tuner and n tune. I have no idea whats stopping it from getting anywhere from stock. The card idles at 60 while running stock speed and when running 3d mark it gets to 78, which I don’t think that’s even hot for that card. Anyways to cut this short my specs are , C2D @3.15 , Gskill HZ800, bfg 680i,xfi sound. Oh and the vid card is an xfx. Anyhelp would be great thanks, sorry for the spelling at work rushing to write this with out me boss known.

miahallen

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2002
620/950 are not too high, but the card manufacture only rates it for 575-900...so what are you complaining about. Personally, I run mine up to 620/999 and my temps are 66C idle & 83C full load.

I can understand being upset if a product cannot live up to it's manufactures spec, but pushing it past there is hit and miss. If you wanted a guarenteed OC, you should have bought the version that came that way (XFX XXX right?).
Anyhow, try removing the HSF assembly and cleaning it up real good, then apply a higher quality thermal paste. I have not done this yet, but I plan to.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
is your psu good enough to withstand the strain of your system? i would feel safe with a psu that has a 12v rating of 32+ Amps

I can understand being upset if a product cannot live up to it's manufactures spec, but pushing it past there is hit and miss. If you wanted a guarenteed OC, you should have bought the version that came that way (XFX XXX right?).

agreed.

Latest posts