Sign in with
Your question

get rid of annoying popups when installing programs

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 23, 2008 4:14:52 PM

I posted this a while back and now I can't even find it with this new search.
I had to reinstall vista. I need to get rid of those security popups that come up every time I try to open a file or install a program. Could someone please remind me of how its done?
Thanks so much!!!!

James
January 24, 2008 6:53:47 AM

thanks Scott. I remember it being a lot more complicated the last time I did it.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2008 11:34:15 AM

suprcharg said:
I posted this a while back and now I can't even find it with this new search.
I had to reinstall vista. I need to get rid of those security popups that come up every time I try to open a file or install a program. Could someone please remind me of how its done?
Thanks so much!!!!

James

I think that disabling UAC is a terrible error. It's annoying, but can help your security. And if you arn't installing programs for the whole day I think that it comes out rarely.
Just my 2 cents
m
l
May 2, 2008 8:02:08 PM

Install your stuff and the turn it back on, maybe?

Here is a fabulous article on tweaking UAC which also explains what it does exactly, more than most people assume;
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=436
m
l
May 7, 2008 10:33:52 AM

Disable UAC.

run msconfig.

Select Disable UAC and press execute. it will open a dos cmd prompt.

Reboot and use it !!!

m
l
October 11, 2008 8:07:53 PM

Mm.. just remember that it is intented to let you know, that a program requieres access to your system. Even if it is annoying, but it keeps up your guards.
I think it is a way better security measure then in xp. I personally only whished to flag some trusted programs as trusted sources that does not requiere always (after every reboot) to grand access like xfire.
m
l
!