disable microsoft wireless configuration manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbdg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
I purchased a new ASUS laptop running XP. Each time I boot, a dialogue box appears:

During installation, you chose to not use microsoft wireless configuration manager to control your network card. however, it is currently enabled for this device.do you want to disable it?

I can't find much information about the microsoft wireless configuration manager. Do I just tell th is box to not appear again and ignore it? Where do I find the setting for this?

thanks much

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
At least with my Netgear wireless cards when I install the software I have a choice to use Microsoft's or Netgear's wireless configuration. I've found using Microsoft works better. If you're not having any problems and there is option to to disable it, I would disable it. If the need arises, you can always run the Microsoft configuration

gbdg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
where do I find this program? I see programs/accessories/communications/wireless network setup wizard.

Is that the same? Or is it elsewhere?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

If the program is from the company that mfg the wireless card, that is probably it. To use the Microsoft configurations go to My Network Place

louv_wild29

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
During installation, you chose to not use microsoft wireless configuration manager to control your network card. however, it is currently enabled for this device.do you want to disable it?

I've got the same problem...
what can I do with that?
I haven't figured out where I could find that file...

Status
Not open for further replies.