Ut Oh, Help me out here Tjunc is super high!?

Badnatured

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
Okay so I fired up speed fan and core temp. Speed fan shows both my temps cores at 38 degrees celsius. Temp itself is listed as 48 cels. That's on speed fan, now I'm over on Core temp and it says my tjunc is 89 cels. Core 0 is showing as 30 degrees cels, and core 2 is at 28c. Why is my tjunc so high? Am I missing something is that supposed to be at 89? I have an arctic cooling freezer seven pro. I havn't overclocked anything yet and when I put my hands over all my fans the air feels cool..nothings burning up? Am I okay to overclock?

Tjunction is a rated value for the processor based on the spec sheet for your processor. This is not an actual measurement. The core temperatures are the ones your interested in, not Tjunction. As you can see if you put a load on or remove the load from your processor, only the core temps change, not Tjunction. As for your temps they look perfect, you don't mention if this is idle, but I'll assume they are. I don't know what your ambient temperature is, but those core temps are great. As for overclocking, you may wish to discover what your temps are under load, as idle temps don't give you the complete thermal picture. I found that using TAT and loading both cores gives you the worst case scenario. If you can run both cores at 100% for say 10 minutes and your core temperatures stay below say 50C, you should have some decent headroom for overclocking.

disposablehero

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
Okay so I fired up speed fan and core temp. Speed fan shows both my temps cores at 38 degrees celsius. Temp itself is listed as 48 cels. That's on speed fan, now I'm over on Core temp and it says my tjunc is 89 cels. Core 0 is showing as 30 degrees cels, and core 2 is at 28c. Why is my tjunc so high? Am I missing something is that supposed to be at 89? I have an arctic cooling freezer seven pro. I havn't overclocked anything yet and when I put my hands over all my fans the air feels cool..nothings burning up? Am I okay to overclock?
the Tj listed in CoreTemp IS NOT a temperature reading. its just a friendly reminder of the maximum Tj. if you notice, it never changes.

BTW - it should actually say 85, not 89. check it again ;)

darkwire

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
Remember, your core temps should always be higher than your CPU temp. And CPU temp will always be at or above(usually above) ambient temps. If your cores really are sitting at 30c what cooler are you using, and what is your ambient temp, because that seems pretty cool.