XP Pro SP2 reinstall Device driver issues

cptblackeye

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Just reinstalled XP Pro SP2 OEM and have gone through all the updates and am having device driver issues. I have a Memorex DVD16+/-DL4RWID2 and a Samsung SH-S162L dvd burner both with up to date frimware. Firmware was updated before reinstall and both burned DL DVD's without any problems. After the reinstall I am getting nothing but DL coasters from both burners. I tried burning with Easy media creator 8, Nero Ultra 7, and DVD fab 3 platinum. When I check device manager it shows the same driver for both burners.
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 7/1/2001
Driver Version: 5.1.2535.0
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher Component
I have tried update driver to no avail. Search the net for newer drivers with no luck. Any help will be appreciated.
Tony
Another issue is at the logon screen it shows I have 2 unread messages. I have Office Pro 2003 and can't find any unread messages

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
delete nero and easy media creator and dvd fab then
try to Goto device manager and uninstall the drive and reboot.
Windows will automaticly reinstall the drive at boot.
This should solve the problem. I had the same problem with a optiarc drive and it turned out to be nero. After putting nero in I didnt like it and when I uninstalled it I too had lots of shiney things to put in the windows.
Now I just run DVD Fab platinum for DVDs and windows for cds and it works perfectly.