Saturday night. Something different.

It's been suggested that we play a mission pack on a Saturday night co-op
game. Sounds good to me! Let's go with Ground Zero this time.

Form up at Midnight U.T., 6 PM Central. Coordinates are;
65.30.181.223

Team players only please. Courtesy and mass murder. A nice mixture.

Caveat; I'm just learning GZ and have only seen a couple of maps. Someone
come back and get me if I'm lost in the woods please.

Best,
Tom

"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> It's been suggested that we play a mission pack on a Saturday night co-op
> game. Sounds good to me! Let's go with Ground Zero this time.
>
> Form up at Midnight U.T., 6 PM Central. Coordinates are;
> 65.30.181.223
>
> Team players only please. Courtesy and mass murder. A nice mixture.
>
> Caveat; I'm just learning GZ and have only seen a couple of maps. Someone
> come back and get me if I'm lost in the woods please.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Sounds good. I should be there. BTW: Did you make it through the rest of
the "Age of Panic" ok? I especially like the sound effects of that addon!
(Bruce Campbell, Jaws)

G.

Behold and tremble! For Tom Chaudoir <news@clocktech.com> wrote:
> It's been suggested that we play a mission pack on a Saturday night
> co-op game. Sounds good to me! Let's go with Ground Zero this time.
>
> Form up at Midnight U.T., 6 PM Central. Coordinates are;
> 65.30.181.223
>
> Team players only please. Courtesy and mass murder. A nice mixture.
>
> Caveat; I'm just learning GZ and have only seen a couple of maps.
> Someone come back and get me if I'm lost in the woods please.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Sounds good to me also; I'll be there :)

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever." EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk My Quake2 FTP site:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

11pm UT, right?

G.
"Tom Chaudoir" <news@clocktech.com> wrote in message
> It's been suggested that we play a mission pack on a Saturday night co-op
> game. Sounds good to me! Let's go with Ground Zero this time.
>
> Form up at Midnight U.T., 6 PM Central. Coordinates are;
> 65.30.181.223
>
> Team players only please. Courtesy and mass murder. A nice mixture.
>
> Caveat; I'm just learning GZ and have only seen a couple of maps. Someone
> come back and get me if I'm lost in the woods please.
>
> Best,
> Tom

Behold and tremble! For George M. Reagan
<georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 11pm UT, right?

Midnight this week, apparently.

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever." EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk My Quake2 FTP site:
ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

Wow. That was a great game! Thanks to EvilBill, Scrapple, and Sticks for
enlisting.

As predicted, I was lost about half the time. Lucky we had some veterans.
Most of the modified stroggs are great, creepy, and formidable.

Cieling walking spiders; Scary but great. Tough to deal with when they drop
into the middle of your formation.

Super icarus; Also great. Vastly upgraded weapon. Very accurate. I could
have done without the shields.

Jumping everything; Gladiator on your trail? Jump up on a box. Save ammo.
Plink him to death with your blaster. No more! The ah heck will jump up there
with you. Forget about heading for cover and plinking the stroggs above.
They jump down and come for you. Yeah!

Medics; Hopelessly powerful. Fascinating to watch. Hoards of stroggs
stepping from a black fog.

Turret cannons; Ok. Not a big fan. They tear your ass up and there's not
much satisfaction in taking them out. They don't scream and fall down. They
just break. Big deal. What fun is a kill without the chunks of meat?

The finale was tremendous, but I won't give it away. Looks like strogg #1
has a weak spot. I ran right under and shot up into it's er, bottom. Still
took a truck full of ammo to finish it off.

Next week, Reckoning?

Best,
Tom
Change "News" to "Tom" to email me.

> Wow. That was a great game! Thanks to EvilBill, Scrapple, and Sticks for
> enlisting.
>
> As predicted, I was lost about half the time. Lucky we had some veterans.
> Most of the modified stroggs are great, creepy, and formidable.
>
> Cieling walking spiders; Scary but great. Tough to deal with when they
drop
> into the middle of your formation.
>
> Super icarus; Also great. Vastly upgraded weapon. Very accurate. I could
> have done without the shields.
>
> Jumping everything; Gladiator on your trail? Jump up on a box. Save ammo.
> Plink him to death with your blaster. No more! The ah heck will jump up
there
> with you. Forget about heading for cover and plinking the stroggs above.
> They jump down and come for you. Yeah!
>
> Medics; Hopelessly powerful. Fascinating to watch. Hoards of stroggs
> stepping from a black fog.
>
> Turret cannons; Ok. Not a big fan. They tear your ass up and there's not
> much satisfaction in taking them out. They don't scream and fall down.
They
> just break. Big deal. What fun is a kill without the chunks of meat?
>

> The finale was tremendous, but I won't give it away. Looks like strogg #1
> has a weak spot. I ran right under and shot up into it's er, bottom. Still
> took a truck full of ammo to finish it off.
>
> Next week, Reckoning?
>
> Best,
> Tom
> Change "News" to "Tom" to email me.

Hi Tom,
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for hosting, it was fun. Playing online
leads to a trance-like state, the time goes by without you realizing. Next
week I'd like to host the game, I'll run a dedicated "The reckoning" server.
That means even if I can't be there to play, I can still host the game.

G.

Behold and tremble! For Tom Chaudoir <news@clocktech.com> wrote:
> Wow. That was a great game! Thanks to EvilBill, Scrapple, and Sticks
> for enlisting.
>
> As predicted, I was lost about half the time. Lucky we had some
> veterans. Most of the modified stroggs are great, creepy, and
> formidable.
>
> Cieling walking spiders; Scary but great. Tough to deal with when
> they drop into the middle of your formation.

And I learned from hard experience *not* to use a hyperblaster on them;
they just dodge the ah heck. LOL... plasma beam, railgun or SSG are good.

> Super icarus; Also great. Vastly upgraded weapon. Very accurate. I
> could have done without the shields.

Me too, LOL... five or six rail hits to take out. Very troublesome to
encounter in packs; even a BFG won't take 'em out in a single hit.

> Jumping everything; Gladiator on your trail? Jump up on a box. Save
> ammo. Plink him to death with your blaster. No more! The ah heck will
> jump up there with you. Forget about heading for cover and plinking
> the stroggs above. They jump down and come for you. Yeah!

I about had a heart attack when a berserker jumped off a ledge right
into my face. LOL

> Medics; Hopelessly powerful. Fascinating to watch. Hoards of stroggs
> stepping from a black fog.

Yeah, those upgraded medics are probably the toughest in the mod - lots
of hitpoints, a very powerful weapon of their own, and beaming Stroggs
in from nowhere... scary :D

> Turret cannons; Ok. Not a big fan. They tear your ass up and there's
> not much satisfaction in taking them out. They don't scream and fall
> down. They just break. Big deal. What fun is a kill without the
> chunks of meat?

Not to mention we died more to the damn turrets than to anything else.
LOL

> The finale was tremendous, but I won't give it away. Looks like
> strogg #1 has a weak spot. I ran right under and shot up into it's
> er, bottom. Still took a truck full of ammo to finish it off.

Even on Easy you need 8-10 BFG blasts to finish both the buggers. LOL

> Next week, Reckoning?

That'd be good :) I haven't finished The Reckoning in SP yet, but it'll
be fresher in my mind than GZ was on Saturday night, LOL