Another oil submerged system

babaghan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
That's the coolest oil-dunked system I've seen yet. I wonder how long the PSU fan will last with the increased resistance spinning in oil? I'm not sure the manufacturer built the PSU fan with the idea they'd be submerged in oil for extended periods :)

NamronSllim

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
that air pump that they dropped in there would have moved the oil around plenty wow that was truly cool I would be more worried about a fire oil and flame do not mix at all

nhobo

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
That's about the stupidest thing I've seen yet. Not only is it ridiculously difficult to upgrade, it eliminates portability, does not reduce temperatures and in fact is *guaranteed* to overheat if you leave it on too long. They might as well use cooking oil instead.

RizzyWho

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
still cant get my head around oil cooling, when you think about it.. its crazy! Especially when tht guy touches the oil with the psu init.

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
yes...the point of dunking a system into oil is longlivelty and a good upgrade path...and besides did you read it? the part about overheating?
anyway something like this is not ment to be practical, it's ment to be fun, and its meant to be done to see if it can be done