Can't record INHD with Comcast & Motorola 6208

I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have Comcast.
I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable to access
the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with any
programming on INHD.
5 answers Last reply
More about record inhd comcast motorola 6208

    Don't worry- i have the same issue. Try to set the recorder to program
    on Thursay. They showed a Tuesday listing but that did not work.

    "Sean Coleman" <seanmcoleman@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Don't worry- i have the same issue. Try to set the recorder to program on
    > Thursay. They showed a Tuesday listing but that did not work.
    >

    > karmadude5169 wrote:
    >> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have
    >> Comcast. I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable
    >> to access the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with
    >> any programming on INHD.

    It might be an "unrecordable channel". I came across that on my SA8000HD
    today in the INHD channels.

    Thanks. It appears that we can record most programming on both INHD
    channels, however, my attempts to record the 'ladies' presentations of
    bodybuilders is blocked. Can record men 'only' bodybuilders, but can't
    record the women when they are on the program. I was interested in
    recording the women bodybuilders.

    karmadude5169 wrote:
    > I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have Comcast.
    > I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable to access
    > the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with any
    > programming on INHD.

    One of the features of the HDMI port is copy protection. HDCP stands for
    "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection" (HDCP). It is meant to
    prevent you from copying content you are not "allowed" to copy.
    Generally HDMI connectors all use HDCP. They don't technically "have
    to", but it would be pretty silly for Cable Companies not to use an HDMI
    connector without it having HDCP. DVI connections on the other hand, may
    or may not have HDCP.

    thanks for pointing that out. I should have suspected that.

    "Tom" <nexustom@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > karmadude5169 wrote:
    >> I can't record certain programs with my Motorola 6208 DVR. I have
    >> Comcast. I am trying to record the bodybuilding programs, but I am unable
    >> to access the record feature on the 6208. This is the only problem with
    >> any programming on INHD.
    > One of the features of the HDMI port is copy protection. HDCP stands for
    > "High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection" (HDCP). It is meant to prevent
    > you from copying content you are not "allowed" to copy. Generally HDMI
    > connectors all use HDCP. They don't technically "have to", but it would be
    > pretty silly for Cable Companies not to use an HDMI connector without it
    > having HDCP. DVI connections on the other hand, may or may not have HDCP.

HDTV TV Motorola Home Theatre