asus p5k -e wi fi mb drivers

toage

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
new system built for me as i am not tech savy. from what i can see most of drivers are from the operating system xp pro. I have the mb cd with manufacturers drivers. Would you suggest installing drivers from the cd or leave well enough alone? system is running O.K.
Thanks for you help

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Right-click My Computer
Click Properties
Click the Hardware tab
Click Device Manager

Now, check the list and make sure there are no yellow "?"'s. If there isn't and you wireless is currently working fine, then I would just leave it be. If it's slow or you see a yellow "?" try installing all the drivers provided on the mobo CD.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

I would install the drivers using the Auto install options. Let the mfg CD walk you through the installation. Always restart if necessary before installing the next driver. If you get a message that a newer version of the drive is already installed, cancel that particular driver. You can always update later. Since it's best not to have your anti virus program running when installing other programs I always will install that last. Once I have a an Internet connection install your firewall.

TRENDING THREADS