Axim X5 hard reboot recovery

August 11, 2005 12:00:46 PM

I've got the original Axim X5 now with WM2003 on it. Is there a
non-volatile folder accessable that survives a reboot.....similar to the
Symbol's \Application directory.

TIA
Harry
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 12:28:34 PM

There is a "safe storage" folder off of the root (the folder name
varies) but I would recommend that you copy crititical files off of the
ppc onto storage cards or to the sync pc.

This is especially necessary if you plan on updating the rom image.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 2:06:33 PM

Actually wanted to do it on the device to use REG and CPY files for
restoring state on a cold reboot.

I've worked out a pretty slick system on the Symbol device using this method
and wondered if I could do it on my Axim....

message news:o my3TinnFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> There is a "safe storage" folder off of the root (the folder name varies)
> but I would recommend that you copy crititical files off of the ppc onto
> storage cards or to the sync pc.
>
> This is especially necessary if you plan on updating the rom image.

August 11, 2005 2:23:04 PM

have at... as long as you know the issues

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
August 11, 2005 5:11:43 PM

What are the issues? I don't know the issues. Could you point me to the
issues?

Thanks
Harry
message news:udDYSionFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> have at... as long as you know the issues

August 12, 2005 12:27:47 AM

>> issues <<

Primarily the loss of data, but you seem to know your way around with
respect to this.

The other issue would be restoring a corrupt registry or registry keys.

Would be interested in hearing more about what you are doing and how it
would desirable over a backup restore process.

>> CPY <<

???

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
!