Trouble with Mythbuntu 9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugentcj

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I am using mythbuntu 9.10 on my home media server and....... I accidentally messed up the resolution in the myth tv. The desktop looks fine but the myth tv frontend program has a resolution that doesn't match my TV. I can't change it because the resolution is so bad and I cannot move the image around at all. Is there a way to restore it to its defaults without going into the program?

Solution

You can manually force a resolution of the MythTV frontend. Opening up a terminal and typing "mythfrontend --geometry YxZ" where Y is your TV's horizontal resolution and Z is the vertical resolution forces the MythTV frontend to be that resolution.

If you want to reset MythTV completely to its defaults, you will need to drop the MySQL database for...

You can manually force a resolution of the MythTV frontend. Opening up a terminal and typing "mythfrontend --geometry YxZ" where Y is your TV's horizontal resolution and Z is the vertical resolution forces the MythTV frontend to be that resolution.

If you want to reset MythTV completely to its defaults, you will need to drop the MySQL database for MythTV. This is NOT a good idea unless this is a 100% fresh, unused install as it completely hoses ALL of your settings and the table of recorded and viewed TV programs. You will need to get the MythTV username and password from ~/.mythtv/config.xml. The username is after "DBUserName" and the password is after "DBPassword." Once you have those, drop the database with the following command:

Code:
mysql -u(username) -p(password) mythconverg

This will bring up a mysql prompt.

Code:
DROP TABLE mythconverg;
exit;

You will then need to reinstall the MythTV database. Probably the easiest way to do it would be to type in "sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database"

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.