How do I install aclocal-1.9 on my Ubuntu system? I am fairly new at this game and need explicit steps. Thanks.
Aclocal-1.9 is part of the automake1.9 package, so you will need to install automake1.9. Here is how you could do this:
1. Open up the graphical package manager Synaptic under the System menu (if I remember correctly.) Type in your password when prompted.
2. Search for "automake" using the package search tool.
3. Check the box for automake1.9.
4. Hit the "Accept" checkmark. When it's done, you have aclocal.
If you want to know how to do it on the terminal, open up your terminal and do the following:
1. Enter "sudo synaptic install automake1.9" less the quotes. Type in your password when prompted. The package manager will install automake1.9.
2. There is no step 2 Working with the terminal is faster and simpler than working with the GUI for system administration duties.