Installing more fans

wiley15

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
I'm not planning on overclocking (sorry guys) but I do want my system to be as stable as possible (few crashes and suspect heat). My CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case has it's regular fans installed (120mm at rear, 2 (I think) 80mm in the front) but I'd like to add more cooling ... without paying too much. It seems there's tons of space in the 5.25'' drive bays that I'll never use. Is it possible (and how easy) to mount fans (and which size) in that space? Thanks.

(sorry for the newbie question but a search in these forums and google didn't reveal anything definitive)

plguzman

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Hmmmm... I had a Thermaltake Matrix, which is a look-alike case, and I installed another intake after the 5.25 bays (fixed to the front panel). I also removed the dust filters (you know, that foam that prevents dust to come in). The only downside of doing that, is that dust will come in easily, so you will need to clean the case from time to time.

I also got more powerful fans (in my case I got some Silenx Ixtrema) which is a great fan. That will allow you to bring your temp. down a couple degrees.

Cheers