Boot Degradation. I get 2 -3 warnings in event viewer

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I just finished re-installing Vista Ultimate 64bit. One of the primary reasons what how long it took my computer to boot. By counting the bars on the screen, it would take 25-30, then hang at black screen for a good 10-15 seconds and then hit the splash screen. I would have 5 boot warnings about degradation and 1 critical error.

Now I have 2-3 warning on boot and I get 1 on shutdown.

Any clues??

Sorry - My bad....

Reliability Monitor. Also: Computer > System properties (Up Top) > Performance (Lower Left) > Advanced (again on the lower left) There should be a list at the top of the page listing performance issues. Most commonly for a startup issue it'll be your anti-virus software...

blowrie

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
Although I am joing in fairly late, I hope there's an answer for me too! I noticed a slow start up with Vista (my computer is just a couple of months old). After some investigation, I see in the Events Viewer many instances of boot degradation; some marked Critical, some marked Warning, and some marked Error....this was for boot performance monitoring and shut-down performance monitoring. What does this mean?