Sign in with
Your question

DVD RW Drive Not reade files

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 22, 2011 3:16:06 PM

Hello,
On 5/21/11 I cannot see any files on my DVD RW Drive.
1. When I place the DVE RW disk in it showing files ready to be written to the disc 1)
2 Also showing space free 508 and Todal 708.

Hello and
Hi Hang-the 9, thanks for replying on the above issues.

Yes, I have used other DVD RW and they are saving data without a problem.
It's just this one DVD RW that's got issues/problems.
Queston: How can open the files on the problem DVE RW?
What is the trun meaning of "files ready to be wrirwn to the disc1" ?

I am not trying to write to the DVD RW, just open and view the files I have
saved. And if possible save them to my harddrive.
Thanks

More about : dvd drive reade files

May 25, 2011 2:17:55 PM

Need more info here, this only on one disk? Have you tried a few disks? Are you trying to write the files or view them?

If you tried several disks, can't read any of them, nor can you write to a few different disks, the drive is bad, need a new one.
m
l
June 1, 2011 12:06:12 PM

rmy22006 said:
Hello,
On 5/21/11 I cannot see any files on my DVD RW Drive.
1. When I place the DVE RW disk in it showing files ready to be written to the disc 1)
2 Also showing space free 508 and Todal 708.

Hello and
Hi Hang-the 9, thanks for replying on the above issues.

Yes, I have used other DVD RW and they are saving data without a problem.
It's just this one DVD RW that's got issues/problems.
Queston: How can open the files on the problem DVE RW?
What is the trun meaning of "files ready to be wrirwn to the disc1" ?

I am not trying to write to the DVD RW, just open and view the files I have
saved. And if possible save them to my harddrive.
Thanks

m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2011 1:53:45 PM

If you are having issues with only one disk, could be that the disk is bad. Test it in another computer. The files ready to be written message means at some point you wanted to burn a disk but never did. And Windows is waiting for you to go and do that.
m
l
June 8, 2011 1:34:49 AM

hang-the-9 said:
If you are having issues with only one disk, could be that the disk is bad. Test it in another computer. The files ready to be written message means at some point you wanted to burn a disk but never did. And Windows is waiting for you to go and do that.

Okay...The draw back I have saved data on this disk, By taking the steps being asked by windows, it will write over my saved data. However, I shall take your advice by tying another computer with this problem disk. Any other options of accessing my saved files on the disk?
m
l
June 9, 2011 1:49:12 PM

rmy22006 said:
Okay...The draw back I have saved data on this disk, By taking the steps being asked by windows, it will write over my saved data. However, I shall take your advice by tying another computer with this problem disk. Any other options of accessing my saved files on the disk?

If it's a bad disk, probably not much you can do to get it working. You can try one of those disk repair devices that try to polish in the scratches, but those don't work too well, and can actually make things worse.

You can try a data recovery service, but they are expensive (hundreds to thousands of dollars).

When optical disks go bad, it's from some physical issue, like a deep scratch, or exposure to strong light/heat that messes up the dye layer the data is written on. And writable disks are pretty fragile, the ones I use in my car tend to get scratched up enough to skip during play rather quickly, and that's music. For data, skipping equals unreadable data.
m
l
!