QuakeWorld Co-Op Server

Quakers:

I've just noticed a Quake1 (QuakeWorld) server running co-op at the
following ip:

64.32.143.201

I've never played Q1 co-op. Let me know if you want to check it out.

G.
3 answers Last reply
More about quakeworld server

    "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Quakers:
    >
    > I've just noticed a Quake1 (QuakeWorld) server running co-op at the
    > following ip:
    >
    > 64.32.143.201
    >
    > I've never played Q1 co-op. Let me know if you want to check it out.

    Sounds interesting. I hopped on one of these servers (perhaps this one),
    though nobody else was playing, just to check it out. The thing is,
    QuakeWorld is multiplayer-only, so this required someone to write a mod in
    order to do co-op, which is one reaosn it's so rare. I can't vouch for how
    well it works or how bug-free it is. (Regular Quake co-op was built into the
    game, of course, but you'd only want to try it on LAN or perhaps a very fast
    connection to a nearby server.)

    In case anyone is curious, the Speed Demos Archive includes co-op as well as
    solo run-throughs of all the Quake levels and many custom levels as well.
    (Standard co-op runs are two players, but "mad co-ops" use up to 7.)

    http://www.planetquake.com/sda/

    The Quake done Quick team also has a complete co-op run through of Quake on
    Nightmare skill called "Quake done double Quick". [The entire game is
    completed in 12 minutes and 35 seconds, not including intermissions and
    level changes, and not worrying about killing every monster or exposing
    every secret. Each level is shown from both points of view, so the film
    takes longer to watch. They also use no self or teamplay damage so they can
    boost each other more (but don't take as much advantage of it as they
    could), but avoid bunnyhopping (so it is not as fast as it could be).]

    http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/

    "Matthew Vaughan" <matt-no-spam-109@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "George M. Reagan" <georgeunderscorereagan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Quakers:
    > >
    > > I've just noticed a Quake1 (QuakeWorld) server running co-op at the
    > > following ip:
    > >
    > > 64.32.143.201
    > >
    > > I've never played Q1 co-op. Let me know if you want to check it out.
    >
    > Sounds interesting. I hopped on one of these servers (perhaps this one),
    > though nobody else was playing, just to check it out. The thing is,
    > QuakeWorld is multiplayer-only, so this required someone to write a mod in
    > order to do co-op, which is one reaosn it's so rare. I can't vouch for how
    > well it works or how bug-free it is. (Regular Quake co-op was built into
    the
    > game, of course, but you'd only want to try it on LAN or perhaps a very
    fast
    > connection to a nearby server.)
    >
    > In case anyone is curious, the Speed Demos Archive includes co-op as well
    as
    > solo run-throughs of all the Quake levels and many custom levels as well.
    > (Standard co-op runs are two players, but "mad co-ops" use up to 7.)
    >
    > http://www.planetquake.com/sda/
    >
    > The Quake done Quick team also has a complete co-op run through of Quake
    on
    > Nightmare skill called "Quake done double Quick". [The entire game is
    > completed in 12 minutes and 35 seconds, not including intermissions and
    > level changes, and not worrying about killing every monster or exposing
    > every secret. Each level is shown from both points of view, so the film
    > takes longer to watch. They also use no self or teamplay damage so they
    can
    > boost each other more (but don't take as much advantage of it as they
    > could), but avoid bunnyhopping (so it is not as fast as it could be).]
    >
    > http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/

    Thanks for the info. I've done a little research on this and found a
    website with the last version of the "coopworld" mod:

    http://l_lurker.tripod.com/coop/coop.htm

    The version running on the server is 0.3 and the one from the site is 0.43.
    Anyway, if anyone wants to try it out let me know.

    Quake Co-Op 64.32.143.201

    You'll need the QuakeWorld client (qw230.zip):
    http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/idstuff/quakeworld/

    G.

    > Thanks for the info. I've done a little research on this and found a
    > website with the last version of the "coopworld" mod:
    >
    > http://l_lurker.tripod.com/coop/coop.htm
    >
    > The version running on the server is 0.3 and the one from the site is
    0.43.
    > Anyway, if anyone wants to try it out let me know.
    >
    > Quake Co-Op 64.32.143.201
    >
    > You'll need the QuakeWorld client (qw230.zip):
    > http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames2/idstuff/quakeworld/

    Note that QuakeWorld has not been updated in years, but that a number of
    different modern QW replacement clients are available. Perhaps the best and
    most popular (and one of the few still actively in development) is FuhQuake:
    http://www.fuhquake.net/

    This is also available as part of a great package of useful files and
    utilities called equake:
    http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

IP Games Servers Video Games