Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Drag and drop won't work

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:28:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

For some inexplicable reason drag and drop has stopped working. It wont
function on any word processor, or even on my desktop, i.e. dragging an icon
to the wastebin. Right clicking and cutting and pasting works fine but I
prefer the other route.

I am running XP Home with SPII.

Has anyone any ideas please.

TIA

Geoff

--
Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line

More about : drag drop work

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:08:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Geoff,

See if a reboot fixes the problem. If that does not help, and this problem
is seen recently, you may try a System Restore rollback. If nothing helps,
try these commands courtesy of David Candy.

Click Start, Run and execute these commands:

regsvr32 ole32.dll
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

Restart Windows.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"geoffatmhg" <hassypoo-divertz@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 62h3h$mvh$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> For some inexplicable reason drag and drop has stopped working. It wont
> function on any word processor, or even on my desktop, i.e. dragging an
> icon to the wastebin. Right clicking and cutting and pasting works fine
> but I prefer the other route.
>
> I am running XP Home with SPII.
>
> Has anyone any ideas please.
>
> TIA
>
> Geoff
>
> --
> Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
>
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:08:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks Ramesh

Reboot failed but commands worked fine.

Geoff
--
Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
news:ulMQvG9VFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Geoff,
>
> See if a reboot fixes the problem. If that does not help, and this problem
> is seen recently, you may try a System Restore rollback. If nothing helps,
> try these commands courtesy of David Candy.
>
> Click Start, Run and execute these commands:
>
> regsvr32 ole32.dll
> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>
> Restart Windows.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
>
> "geoffatmhg" <hassypoo-divertz@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 62h3h$mvh$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> For some inexplicable reason drag and drop has stopped working. It wont
>> function on any word processor, or even on my desktop, i.e. dragging an
>> icon to the wastebin. Right clicking and cutting and pasting works fine
>> but I prefer the other route.
>>
>> I am running XP Home with SPII.
>>
>> Has anyone any ideas please.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Geoff
>>
>> --
>> Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
>>
>
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:40:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Excellent! Thanks for posting back.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"geoffatmhg" <hassypoo-divertz@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 62iju$qt4$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Thanks Ramesh
>
> Reboot failed but commands worked fine.
>
> Geoff
> --
> Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:ulMQvG9VFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Geoff,
>>
>> See if a reboot fixes the problem. If that does not help, and this
>> problem is seen recently, you may try a System Restore rollback. If
>> nothing helps, try these commands courtesy of David Candy.
>>
>> Click Start, Run and execute these commands:
>>
>> regsvr32 ole32.dll
>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>>
>> Restart Windows.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>>
>> "geoffatmhg" <hassypoo-divertz@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 62h3h$mvh$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>>> For some inexplicable reason drag and drop has stopped working. It wont
>>> function on any word processor, or even on my desktop, i.e. dragging an
>>> icon to the wastebin. Right clicking and cutting and pasting works fine
>>> but I prefer the other route.
>>>
>>> I am running XP Home with SPII.
>>>
>>> Has anyone any ideas please.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Geoff
>>>
>>> --
>>> Genuine personal replies please remove Z from address line
>>>
>>
>
>
!