Doesn't recognize blank CD's

Windows XP SP II will not recognize blank CD's on either
of two drives (Sony and HP). Existing data CD's, photo
CD's, Audio CD's, or DVD's play with no problem. Records
Audio CD's from media player with no problem. The "pop-
up" for "what do you want to do with this disk?" never
shows up when inserting blank CD, but ok on blank DVD.
Installed Roxio 6.0 and it will also not recognize the
drives.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill

I had the same problem with my Samsung CD-RW. Turns out I needed a
firmware update. Now it works fine. Check the manufactures web site
for any updates.

Brian Bygland

"William Love" <wlove@dehinten.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP SP II will not recognize blank CD's on either
> of two drives (Sony and HP). Existing data CD's, photo
> CD's, Audio CD's, or DVD's play with no problem. Records
> Audio CD's from media player with no problem. The "pop-
> up" for "what do you want to do with this disk?" never
> shows up when inserting blank CD, but ok on blank DVD.
> Installed Roxio 6.0 and it will also not recognize the
> drives.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill