NEED HELP PLZ HURRY!!!!

jormm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
hey guys i have a very important question i need answered i just downloaded Intel Application Accelerator 2.3 from majorgeeks.com and when i had installed it it asked me to restart my computer and i did but when it rebooted i got this thing that said plz log in to the window xp thingy hope you know wut i mean. see the thing is i havent even set any thing or to my knowldge so i dont know wut my password or my user name is to get into windows so i was woundering is there somthing i can do threw my bios or somthing else cuz i dont know wut i can do seeing as how i cant get into my computer plz help me im on my dads computer at them moment so i need to get my working quickly cuz he dosnt like me one his... and now i can see why...

jormm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
plz guys i know some tech dude out there knows this question this my only day off for a wile and i cant injoy it on my computer...

btw i dont have a instilation disk cuz it came on it when i bought the computer and it was a window's xp SP2

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Without the install disks I think you're screwed. There are programs that'll reset your password, like Windows Key and Locksmith, but they're pretty expensive.

mlek

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
This might sound stupid, but have you tried just pressing enter without typing anything? Some software uses MicrosoftNet 2.0 or some such, and this annoyingly sets up a log in page without asking.

I don't know... worth a try.

jormm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
well so much for getting that to work i restarted my computer to go in to safe mode and i get a message saying window's can not load \winDows\system32\config\system is curupt or somthing like that and it wont evet load my os ne more soooooooooooo i just going to take a sledge hammar to it and then burn it the PoS has gotten me mad more then enough times to do this crap....

thanks for the help guys lol you might see me agine in a few months when i build my own these pre built rigs just sux so much i never got wut i need and i all ways have stuff i dont.... peace

fantastapotamus

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
There is a way to recover the logins and passwords. I'm not sure if thats what the problem is but it doesn't cost anything to try and it beats "taking a sledgehammer to it".

There is a password recovery CD called ophcrack that will crack all the passwords on the system. Basically it's just a live Ubuntu CD that has been customized with a program to recover windows passwords.

You can download the CD image here:
http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Then you just burn the image to a blank and set your bios to boot off the CD and it will load up and do all the work for you. It usually takes 10-20 minutes

Even if it doesn't work it's still a pretty cool CD to impress your friends with by cracking all their passwords

stom

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2005
start up in sfae mode with command prompt, type at cmd prompt:

net user administrator *

it'll ask you to enter a new password twice, do so and reboot. log in with the new password and the administrator username, then add the required user accounts.

let us know if this works?

jormm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
-sigh- srry stom it didnt work for me lol i had gotten so p!ssed last night i ripped he hdd out and took a simple lil hammer to it but hey lol it was very out dated ne way

btw ne one looking for a p4?
also have a radion 9200 lol yeah i know lil old....

but im in over drive mode researching and learning as much as i can cuz as soon as i have enough money to geather imma start getting the parts.... i cant live with out my pc

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
-sigh- srry stom it didnt work for me lol i had gotten so p!ssed last night i ripped he hdd out and took a simple lil hammer to it but hey lol it was very out dated ne way

btw ne one looking for a p4?
also have a radion 9200 lol yeah i know lil old....

but im in over drive mode researching and learning as much as i can cuz as soon as i have enough money to geather imma start getting the parts.... i cant live with out my pc

i had my 2.5yr old PC die on me this past january. It took 5 days to die, my thread ended up being 12pages long!
I used my dads laptop and my familys PC for the next couple of mos. Then, i tried a new HD, and walla! it works!

You didnt have to break the HD, oh and your data can still be recovered. If you really want that data gone you should burn it or run a magnet over it.

If you hadnt wrecked the HD, you could have gotten the data off by putting the HD in another pC.

well if you want recommendations for a new PC, just PM me

jormm

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
lol it was safe for me to take my anger on that hd it was the older one i took out of my sisters old pc to get this pc running nothing much inportant on it just some of her old class work from collage. wasnt big enough to do ne thing other then use it for my ipod lol but oh well i was wanting to build a new computer from scratch soon ne ways...