gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I have windows live mail 2008 Build 12.0.1606 installed on windows xp and everytime a few seconds after i close wlm i get a windows live mail encountered a ploblem and has to close error that tells me to send a report..this happens 80 percent of the time after i close the windows live mail application...By the way i have disable error reporting checked on advanced properties and disabled on services also ...i noticed on the task manager that the wlmail exe process is still running after i close the application and that seems to be the problem..Is there any way, fix or some program that i can get the wlmail.exe process to close at the same time i close the windows live mail application so i dont get this send error report message anymore ?

error that i get ^

wlmail.exe still running after closing application ^

gbp007

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
this is the error that it reports

cranbers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I would say the easiest way to fix this is to uninstall it, redownload it to make sure you have the latest version, restart the computer then reinstall the program.

If you still have the same issue, is this problem unique to that program or do multiple programs do that? Odds are it was a bad install of the program or just buggy.