Real Player

I;ve asked this before but couldn't seem to follow the answers. When I want
to listen to a streaming radio station I often get a choice of Real Player
or Windows Media. But even if I click on Windows Media, Real Player
overrides my choice. Apparently I inadvertantly made RP a default. How do
I unselect it?

Jerry
3 answers Last reply
More about real player

    http://home.real.com/product/help/rp10v2_gold/en/Pref_Media_Types_Preferences.htm

    "Jerome Nadelhaft" <jjnadelhaft@verizon.net> wrote in message
    | I;ve asked this before but couldn't seem to follow the answers. When I
    want
    | to listen to a streaming radio station I often get a choice of Real Player
    | or Windows Media. But even if I click on Windows Media, Real Player
    | overrides my choice. Apparently I inadvertantly made RP a default. How
    do
    | I unselect it?
    |
    | Jerry

    Open Windows media and under the Tools puldown menu in the upper menu bar
    select "options" . This will open the options menu. Select the files tab and
    you can select the files you want to open in Windows media. If you want all
    files excepting real player files to open use the "select all" button in the
    options menu and that will select all file types excepting (rm) which is a
    real audio file to open in Windows media

    luckeyo

    "Jerome Nadelhaft" <jjnadelhaft@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I;ve asked this before but couldn't seem to follow the answers. When I
    > want to listen to a streaming radio station I often get a choice of Real
    > Player or Windows Media. But even if I click on Windows Media, Real
    > Player overrides my choice. Apparently I inadvertantly made RP a default.
    > How do I unselect it?
    >
    > Jerry

    It may be that WMP doesn't have the proper codec installed to play that
    specific file, therefore XP is doing a substitution and allowing the file to
    be view via an alternate "Real" player for your viewing pleasure.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Jerome Nadelhaft" <jjnadelhaft@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I;ve asked this before but couldn't seem to follow the answers. When I
    > want to listen to a streaming radio station I often get a choice of Real
    > Player or Windows Media. But even if I click on Windows Media, Real
    > Player overrides my choice. Apparently I inadvertantly made RP a default.
    > How do I unselect it?
    >
    > Jerry

Microsoft Windows XP