omaha

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I thought i was doing the right thing

Computer is getting on a bit, athlon 3500+ (about to put an opty 180 in to speed things up)

So, i run device detective, that shows a whole stack of old drivers

So, then i buy it, and update the drivers.

Then, windows wont boot, so i have to go back to a previous one that did boot.

Problem is, my boys favourite game, "Star wars knights of the old republic" wont boot. Well, it starts, but then says it has to close.

I didnt do a system restore point, and dont know how to roll back the driver to its previous one. Even if i knew how, i did about a dozen drivers at once.

Fcuk me, it seems as if sometimes, when it aint broke, dont fix it!

I thought i was doing the right thing

Anyone out there help this noob computeretardo?

acron1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi,
You may still have system restore points as if I im not mistaken it's on by default. START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE>restore my computer to an earlier time> then look at the calendar and see if any dates are bold. If they are you may be in luck click on the date and select.
Good luck.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Is there a reason you can't reinstall the game? You could try a Repair off the Windows CD that but you'd still have to install the driver. Somebody on another post was having a problem involving the regestry. He ran the problem program on a second machine and then compared the registries. He found an entry on the machine the program was running on that wasn't in the registry of the machine it wouldn't. Put it in the other machine and the program ran. Obviously time consuming. Last you could contact the mfg's support and see if they can help