Sign in with
Your question

This is my first post using Ubuntu and just installed it.

Tags:
Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
April 17, 2010 2:31:48 AM

I wanted to say whoo hooo, This is my first time installing a Linux based OS and I am excited. I know this is long overdue, but I had to wait 4 years to get my new system built and broadband to be able to download the softw

More about : post ubuntu installed

April 17, 2010 3:03:13 AM

Congrats and welcome aboard :) 

How are you liking it so far?
April 17, 2010 3:40:12 AM

I like it. But I am having alittle trouble finding an ATI 5800 driver for it. and my internet is lagging using ubuntu as well. I am downloading a driver through ubuntu now for my radeon so I will see if it works.
Related resources
April 17, 2010 4:02:37 AM

Got my ATI driver looks great. Just trying to configure Ubuntu and get used to the interface.
April 17, 2010 4:07:20 AM

Your internet shouldn't be lagging using ubuntu, Linux has a really good network stack. Who's your provider? DNS could be slowing you down.

You might need ATI Catalyst Driver version 10.1 or better, that's not recommended for everyone tho.

By the way, Ubuntu 10.04's going to be released in a couple of weeks and Fedora 13's coming out next month. It can take a few days or weeks for the drivers to catch up.

Good luck :) 
April 17, 2010 4:32:47 AM

Not really sure why my pages are loading slow through firefox. Works just fine booting in windows 7 and besides files downloaded through Ubuntu are hauling butt. May just be Toms Hardware.
!