gone fishin'

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Yes thats the guide for the supposed repair, something happpened when it did one of the updates, sadly it looks like I'll wipe the drive and reinstall windows XP

gone fishin'

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
Well I’ve done a lot of research on my windows Installer Service problem and read a lot of the MSFT Knowledge Base Stuff(I have since decided that most of the KB is PR with a little fact and little to no substance) so I do what every inquiring mind does to find the truth ,check the Web, checked the usual places, one of them Liveside.com is one I like and I found the holy grail of the heart of the problem(maybe the real truth) to the answer to why MSFT can’t produce a really descent product, in the blog section there’s a entry about the fake Steve Jobs http://www.liveside.net/blogs/opinion/default.aspx it’s at the bottom of the page BUT to quote
“One thing I do know is how the Borg develops software. Imagine a hundred separate teams of Keebler elves all smoking crack and then being told to sit down in different parts of the world, without being able to communicate with each other, and dream up new cookie flavors, and you've got an idea how the Borg created Windows Live. Then a bunch of generic, soulless, humorless lab-produced MBA replicants who don't know anything about technology and only went to Microsoft because they didn't get offers from Procter and Gamble are put into a conference room and told to create some marketing plan for this pile of dog ***. Dream up a slogan and a name and some advertisements that will mislead people into thinking that Windows Live is all one big wonderful suite of software that was developed from the ground up to work as an organic whole, even though the pieces are all being rolled out at different times in different locations on different websites.”
To me what’s scary is that this is how a 50 million line albatross was created and that MSFT is already working on a new Windows OS, like Windows Millennium which was quickly replaced by XP, so shall Vista go? What about IE7 already they are trumpeting the horns over IE8, now I can understand why these updates and Hotfixes are so problematic and why I get to strip my HD and reinstall XP again

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Sounds about right to me. I need to reinstall myself before long. Im just waiting for SP3 to see what troubles that will bring with it.
Im a little reluctant to go with Vitsa and my machine is showing some signs of age. It should run it but with the troubles I see others having with Vista we'll see. I have a copy of it and maybe when I do rebuuild I'll throw it on another partition and see what happens.
Yesterday while looking around I found that the new windows7 as it will be called is in the testing phase with some partners already.
Seems awful fast by MSoft standards to get it out this early but even they will say Vista isnt taking off like they wanted.
You might be right about the whole Milenium replaceing something that worked and quickly had to be fixed.

gone fishin'

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I have a single core socket 939 3GIG processor and a Epox 9NPA Ultra MB and it runs pretty good, I upgraded my vid card to a 7600GT and a new HD, but the thought of changing OS's gives me the shivers